SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
geting a new clutch, and it has to hold the power of a turbo,so what are your thoughts on the kind of clutch I should get.

Later, Jason

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS INTAKE,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS AND MOUNTS.

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
ACT,
Street disc w/ xtreame pp!!!

Mark Merliss

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do not listen to our leader (both are good, just personal prefrance)

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace,SMC BAKB, motul 600 brake fluid, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
yeah, go with an ACT. I know Jason could get you a good deal...www.jgycustoms.com - mail him, he'll quote you a price, just tell him you're goin turbo, he'll give you a price..

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
ACT...!

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,GReddy Catback, ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
[Black Sheep filter on]

I have a Pro-Activ clutch in mine. Very streetable, yet will hold up to 100hp over stock.

Which is where I'm at, right now

It has taken over 100 5,000rpm+ clutch drops in the last year at the dragstrip....and still grabs like a mofo.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

[Black Sheep filter OFF]

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i have friends that have the act and they only got about 5,000miles and they had to change them out. i don't trust them, go with something more durable. personally i called and had clutchmasters build a clutch to what i asked them to build. i have had no problems, slippages or disasters like i have heard act having.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
I heard totally opposite stories. I heard of clutchmasters being replaced after 3k because of slippage and worn out. I have only heard of good things with ACT. I am not saying that clutchmasters are bad clutches. But I havent heard any great stories about them.

Mark Merliss
97 SR20 SE-R(Pacific sun blue)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts