SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a '93 NX2000, with 145k KM (90k miles), and have been looking around as to what modifications I can do... I will probably be putting a T25 turbo, or possibly a T28 if it is possible and available... Any thoughts on this? As well, I would like to slightly lower it and get stiffer springs and stick some TSW 17" Revo mags on it. Eibach spring rates do not seem stiff enough to me... what other brands make springs for the NX? I looking probably at around 250/300 front/rear for spring rates... too much? Any thoughts and input would be appreciated...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
scrap that T25/T28, I found a very good deal on a T3, and I would assume that it is probably a better option anyways...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Where did you find a deal on the D3 turbo? I'm interested...
:)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see used T3s all the time for dirt cheap from my merkur buddies, if anyone is interested......

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found it locally through a friend who owns a shop here in Vancouver, B.C.

Anyways, this car has had some modifications already done to it... the mags/tires, some engine mods... and the suspension seems awfully stiff. Any easy ways to check if the struts & springs, etc, are stock? Are stock springs black?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Stock struts are black and cheap looking. The springs are also black, but possible to confuse with Eibach Pro Kits since they are dark dark blue. Check the rear springs and if they are progressive (i.e. the coils get closer together as you go from one end to the other) and if they are they are not stock.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I think that it will bolt right up to the nissan motorsports manifold ($300) and you have to get a bunch of other stuff done, but ya, I think it can be done. also what are the dimentions of the intercooler? where would a good place to put it otherwords.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can you use a turbo from a merkur xr4ti? what all mods do you have to do to make it work? also will the intercooler work as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.