SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2007 328i Sport
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm finally getting around to putting my gen2 hypercos in and don't know what all I need. I checked the original posts but the links no longer work. I am going to get agx's but what bump stops do I get and where? Wasn't there also some little plastic pieces? If anyone knows I'd appreciate an answer

Thanks,
Tony

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Hmm, Truechoice doesn't list those part numbers any more. You could try calling them. I've seen other people post various places to get them, I think Motivational Engineering had them.

C

Here's a copy of a post I made a little while ago, follow the link for a picture.

http://www.truechoice.com/ Has what you need, but the little bastards aren't cheap, and you need 4 of each. The plastic packers will protect the bumpstops from being damaged when the top of the strut body impacts them. You will need to ream out the center of the plastic packer, a Dremel with a sanding drum will make quick work of it. By the way, Truechoice was awesome, I had the parts in 2 or 3 days.

https://secure.vbcomm.net/store/det....54.000.0

70.34.54.000.0 BUMPRUBBER 40 MM $16.26
15.34.62.000.0 PLASTIC PACKER $1.50

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
I used KYB dust boots in the rear with integrated bump stops that are slightly shorter than stock. I reused the stock rubber-foam bumpstops up front. Not a bit of trimming, and I haven't had any problems in three months of driving on my springs, including four autocrosses.

Your mileage may vary. What they want for those aftermarket bump stops is highway robbery, if you ask me.

Buy new rubber spring seats and thrust bearings (front only) at minimum.

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
Just installed my Hyperco's this weekend as well. I used the OEM dustboots for the front, for both the front and rear and pulled the OEM bumpstops out of them and used the Koni bumpstops. I got the bumpstops from Motivational Engineering.

I also modified my Monroe struts and used Koni inserts in them and shortened them by about 1".

You can check out my write-up on my website here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts