SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
First things first, read, read, read, and read some more. Read until you're blue in the face.

Then once you're blue, research some more.

After that, you can come up with a methodical solution, as to what power you want, and from there you can piece together your wishlist.

Then spend money buying parts. :D Make that list and check it 20 times. You can and likely will leave something seemingly insignificant, yet very important to the build off of that list.

Then and only then, once you have done all of the above steps, should you even consider starting your build.

Oh, and visit the turbo faq area, and the technical information library, etc. etc. etc. There's TONS of information on here.

Welcome to the forums.

·
Endless Turbo Preparation
952 Posts
First things first, read, read, read, and read some more. Read until you're blue in the face.

After that, you can come up with a methodical solution, as to what power you want, and from there you can piece together your wishlist.

Then spend money buying parts. :D Make that list and check it 20 times. You can and likely will leave something seemingly insignificant, yet very important to the build off of that list.

Then and only then, once you have done all of the above steps, should you even consider starting your build.

Oh, and visit the turbo faq area, and the technical information library, etc. etc. etc. There's TONS of information on here.

Welcome to the forums.
Indeed, indeed. Definitely a whole lot of reading. Plus, that list that you make keeps getting longer and more expensive once you start piecing together stuff. It was fun putting together the list at first, but now I dread each new item I add because that final amount keeps going up :( It should be worth it in the end.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Indeed, indeed. Definitely a whole lot of reading. Plus, that list that you make keeps getting longer and more expensive once you start piecing together stuff. It was fun putting together the list at first, but now I dread each new item I add because that final amount keeps going up :( It should be worth it in the end.
:rofl: You too?! Damn man all I wanted was a T25 kit to play with, and now I've got an ECU off at Calum for the realtime, BC ST2 Cams with S/R, and all other kinds of crap. Now I'm looking at a T28 with a nice mani and ext. w/g, and I haven't installed a single part yet! :rofl: :eek2:

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts

Welcome to the forums.
X 2.

Plus I'll add the link just to make it real easy:

http://www.sr20forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

Read every thread in that section. Twice.

For further help, try this thread:

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=149841

Once you have your list, and have reSearched your questions thoroughly, then start a thread asking any further questions.

There is also a book, author Corky Bell, that you should read if you are turboing a motor for the first time.

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Maximum_Boost-ISBN_0837601606.html?isrc=b-search

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
:rofl: You too?! Damn man all I wanted was a T25 kit to play with, and now I've got an ECU off at Calum for the realtime, BC ST2 Cams with S/R, and all other kinds of crap. Now I'm looking at a T28 with a nice mani and ext. w/g, and I haven't installed a single part yet! :rofl: :eek2:
All I wanted was a simple GTi-R swap. Then the list just kept growing. And it is still growing. Some times it makes me sad, but then I just remember the wornderful DET I have, and I am smiling in no time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts