SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got the HP Performance one from Lightnin Motorsports. It looks decent and cost about $50.
Their number is 1-800-600-1081.

The STB tightened things up a bit, but don't expect a huge performance difference. It looks nice, though. If I make it out on Saturday, you can take a look. Hell, if you live in Elgin, I'll be there until 5 or so for my sister's graduation party on Saturday and you can stop by and see if you like.

Ben
'93 NX

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I got one from Performance Improvements for about $50 CDN. It does make a difference, but it's very subtle.

I think it has more of an effect on cars that have a stiffened (non-stock) suspension.

The front has noticibly less flex, and feels more solid. It's hard to describe, but it makes the front of the car feel like a "unit", rather than a bunch of connected components. The turn-in is improved.

On some cars, adding a front stb increases understeer, but I haven't noticed this. My NX2000 is pretty tailhappy anyway. Just lift the throttle and... whee! :)

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
nxben....that phone number hasnt been working for me, are u sure that is it? thanks - aaron

·
Registered
201 Posts
It was a while ago that I ordered it. I'll look for the receipt when I get home. I did find a web page for Lightning Motorsports. You can try their number at: 225-752-2738, but I'm not sure if it's the same place.

Ben

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
yea umm the only one lightning motorsports carries for the nx is suspension techniques....140 dollars or so. so wheres this magical 50 dollar one guys!!??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Um, re you sure they didn't quote you a price for the Suspension Techniques Sway Bar? That price sounds more in the range of a sway bar. Plus, I don't thnk ST makes a Strut Tower Brace!

Ben
'93 NX

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well guys, I might have bad news. Here is the info for the vendor I bought the bar from:

Lightnin Motorsports
(800)600-1081
www.lightnin-motorsports.com

The web site no longer exists, so they may be out of business.

I looked up the thread on the SE-R mailing list and it looks like people had problems getting a hold of the guys there. My suggestion would be to keep calling the number and see if you can get through. If not, they probably don't exist anymore.

Here's some pictures of mine, though:

Ben
'93 NX

·
Registered
56 Posts
spnx

I got one from Performance Improvements for about $50 CDN. It does make a difference, but it's very subtle

I called and they only carry a sentra one for 52.99.
I believe it was a Vibrant brace? Is this the one?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Arospeed.com makes one for the b13 for 40 dollars...
i've been wanting one...

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I second that - the Sentra STB does NOT fit the G20.

However, the '95 Sentra strut tower bar will fit any B13 (Classic or NX2000).

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
SPNX

Hey Spnx, where is performance improvements? I live in Kitchener, and $50 sounds tempting. Does it look nice?

One question. I'm "hopefully" going the DET route soon, and I was wondering if the Strut bar will clear the DET's Top mount IC?

Thanks

·
Registered
723 Posts
ive got one of those arospeed ones (i think) on my car for 30 $ from ebay. no, it doesnt make a difference but it sure looks cool. u shouldt be concerned bout the brand because its function is to keep the strut towers from flexing... so if the bar is stiff and strong then it should do the job

·
_______
2,170 Posts
There are a ton of Performance Improvements in Toronto. There's one on the west side of Kennedy just north of Lawrence. There's another one on the north side of the Queensway just west of Islington.

That's just off the top of my head, I know there are quite a few others around.

It looks good, just your standard shiny silver bar with black fixtures where it attaches to the strut towers. It's not an amazing looking piece, but it does the job.

No, there's NO way it would clear a top-mounted *interheater*.

But if you're doing that, you should really mount the IC in the front of the car, it's really worthwhile!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts