SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If facing the car, on the right side of the valve cover...what is that back 1/2 tube that is connected to a black box in front of the valve cover on most SR20's. Mine is open and not connected to anything...Is this bad?? Should I get a breather for it(filter).

Thanks.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
are you talking about this little back box ?

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokoham avid h4

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can not tell by the picture. It is connected to the engine, but nothing is connected to the other end, it is just open.

The EGR is in the back of the engine...Am I right?

·
0 Posts
its the black box where the drivers conversations and status of the engine are recorded. DUH!!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 05-14-2001).]

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
ok here is a better pic of the engine bay
is it the black box on the right front side of the vavle cover ? i cant remember the name for it ?

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokoham avid h4

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
It's the EGR

IIRC

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thats not the EGR, thats the oil catch can. Where is it disconnected at? by the VC, or on the bottom of the box? more info please, heh.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YES, that is it. The tube that connects to the box coming from around the valve cover is open. I have no black box!!!!!! what should I do? Get a filter for it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts