SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my NX is really pissing me off! I really wish i did'nt buy it. I took my NX to the shop to get the new alternator in and guess what? the idle was still crappy, the batt and brake light are still on, and worst of all, the damn thing died when i left the shop!!! I took it back and told them about it and they hooked it back up to the machine and everything tested perfectly. now why would it still be crappy? I have changed the cap, rotor, plugs, fuel filter, O2 sensor, alternator, and installed a POP charger and it still drives like a toyota tercel that needs a tune-up!!! I'm scheduling yet another diagnostic check at the nissan stealership to see what the hell is wrong with my damn car, I'm starting to think that i should have bought another honda, Ive never had any problems like this with any other car ive owned!!!

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake, clear bumper lenses and more to come!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Uh, I know it's sacrilege to say it, but maybe it's your shop that sucks and not your car? Then again, maybe your car was worked on by a previous owner with my mechanical skills and the engine is in upside down.

Try checking the forums for a recommended shop and get a second opinion.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive used this shop before and ive never had a problem there, the work they did there was fine, the alternator is working perfectly, something else is wrong. that is why I'm taking it back to nissan to have another diagnostic run.

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake, clear bumper lenses and more to come!!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can't believe you even thought about buying a Honda...for shame. Seriously though, How many miles are on your NX? How much did you buy it for? Did you do a carfax report on the car before you bought it, or called the previous owner to check its history? Sometimes a car thats been in a wreck my have electrical/ mechanical issues.
Other than that, it could be your fuel delivery system, check the injectors, clean the throttle body. I also think you have lazy/inexperienced mechanics at this dealership. Why would they let a car out of their garage without at least finding out what the problem is? Try a different dealer or an import mechanic.

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Kinda common issue I have had .... Check the nut under the red boot on the Alt. Im sure its just loose.... I send some email about it.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts