SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, in my parts hording for the DET swap, I thought about an ignition to heat thigns up. Any of you out there using an MSD type? If so, is the correct model the 6AL? Thanks! :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought but just wanted to make sure. MSD does make a unit specifically for turbo and supercharger applications but I feel the 6AL is the the better all around unit! Thanks man! :D

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
John;

The 6AL will do you just fine. If you want to get into major boost, just add the MSD BTM -- Boost Timing Master. It plugs into a 6AL (I think), and retards timing based on the boost that it detects through a vacuum hookup similar to how a boost gauge hooks up.

Or, you can just get a Digital 6 box, like me :D It does NOT have a boost timing retard function, but does have a nifty two-step for launching at the dragstrip, plus an adjustable rev limiter.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Greg! I think the 6AL has something to limit revving too, but not exactly like yours! I am gonna try to snag one from under 140, summit sells them for 173 all day. I thought I was going to have my AGX's this week but the guy I was getting them from said when he took them off, they were fried! SSNOIHJWODIHDHWOUDFWOIREHJ#(*)[email protected]#[email protected]! :mad:

Now I guess I will be putting that money into the DET like I should ahve been from the beginning! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts