SR20 Forum banner

What would you get if you had around 6k to spend?

• 90+ 300zx NA then do turbo engine swap

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to sell my 96 200sx se-r because its an auto and I want a 5spd. I really want a 90-93 300zx, but am I better off just getting another se-r w/ a mt? I know theres a big diff between the cars, but I just can't make up my mind so I need some opinions, please help!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
guru3k said:
I've decided to sell my 96 200sx se-r because its an auto and I want a 5spd. I really want a 90-93 300zx, but am I better off just getting another se-r w/ a mt? I know theres a big diff between the cars, but I just can't make up my mind so I need some opinions, please help!
If you really want a Z, get a Z. No one else can tell you what you want.

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
I would go with the SE-R over the Z because you wouldnt have to swap engines. you really might as well buy a Z thats already turbo if thats what you want. Im pretty sure you could find one for 6g's, somewhere.

·
You got SERVE'd
113 Posts
I'd get the Z if you have the money.
If you wanna stay low budget, get the SE-R!

·
Mr.200SX @ the dash
1,679 Posts
Doing a swap in a 300zx is not the most fun job. Have you seen the space they got for you to work on?

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
how about a rwd 240 5 speed? rwd of the 300z, cheap/lightness(relativelt to the Z) of the se-r

·
Registered
216 Posts
i'ma go with the 240 as well, i perfer the s-14 kouki or zenki, doesnt matter, i think the s-14 has a better body and a better drive/feel/look but like perviously stated its your car man, you have to drive it everyday, not us so dont let a bunch of names on the internet tell you what YOU want

·
"The world is yours"
307 Posts
my opinion stay with the SR20. get a Pulsar GTi-R or maybe a s-14 like "devilstar" said.

G

·
I had a 1994 TT Z i loved it but i didnt love paying insurance and the car is high maint. most of the time i was broke cause parts to upgrade and keep the car runnin hella expensive thats why i sold it and you can make a b13 se-r faster for cheaper than a Z if you have the money go with the Z its a sweet car but if you have a low budget get the b13 se-r.

·
8,886 Posts
These are the most logical choices in order of price to mod.
1 SE-R
2 240SX
3 300ZXTT

In order of performance just reverse the list. RWD is better for performance.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm starting to lean to the se-r cuz I am limited w/ the $. I would love the 300 but I think i'll wait till I can really afford one.

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
Id go for the S14 in a heartbeat. Before I bought my B14, I was looking at S14's just counldnt find a clean/cheap enought one. That was 3 years ago....if not that, then the B13.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts