SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
You're my boy blu!!!!
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do?

Jdm sr20de, high compression forged pistons, Stage 5 dpr head, s-4 cams,prepped sr20det rods, 100-shot port nitrous.
or
jdm sr20de,low compression forged pistons, prepped sr20det rods, f-max turbo kit.
will be used in auto-x, roadrace, and dragracing!
Give me some feedback!!!!!

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
JOIN THE HERD....

TURBO LIKE THE REST OF US!!! LOL..SUP MAN HOW YOU BEEN? YOU IN HAWAII YET? HIT ME UP ON MY CELL ONE OF THESE DAYS LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR DOING. TELL MARSHA AND TAMIA LESLEE AND I SAID HI!

·
boosting
1,454 Posts
i would go for the high compression, more unique, and cooler you can pop your hood and noone sees what you have. just my oppinion but a hell of a lot more work than putting a det.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I rather not even answer that question

Turbo boy!!!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Nitrous.

Coat your piston tops (and valves), buy a 255lph fuel pump, and turn the wick up. You'll run very quick when you want to (dragstrip), and have a long-lasting engine for autocross/street duty.

The S4 cams will be great for street/autocross duty. The nitrous will be great for the dragstrip. And, you'll come out spending less $$$ than with the FMAX setup. IMHO.

·
You're my boy blu!!!!
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe another option, I was talking to friend of mine and older guy with two camaro's, both supercharged and one running nitrous, but anyway he was taking a good lookat my engine setup and he said that a vortech supercharger with a custom made bracket or tie rods to mount it to the block wouldn't be to hard to frabricate. I don't have the money or time for the r&d but, it would be a interesting concept.

·
Registered
858 Posts
throttle in a bottle baby!

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
You da man!

I agree with King Greg Nos on this one. All motor and a little juice!

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
If you want to auto-x and roadrace, I'd say get a t25 or t28 setup. Reason I'd stick with a small turbo is because they spool up faster and also the power comes on smoother so it's more controlable.

The big turbos obviously make big power, but they have more lag and when they get on boost, the power hits hard. That could lead to a lot of wheel spin while trying to power out of corners... not a good thing.

Then again.... you might just want to stick to NA levels of power because your tranny will last longer. If you go turbo and roadrace, I have no doubt the tranny will blow at some point (strip a gear). Even guys with just bolt-on's have broken trannys while road racing. Just something to think about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts