SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not just looking for speed. I want something comfortable(I am 6'1"), P/W, P/D, P/M, Sunroof/Moonroof, cruise, tilt, all the goodies.

When looking at a SE-R, what are some things that I should pay special attention to? (like the 5th gear pop-out).

Will 205/50-16's fit?

Sorry about all the questions lately...I am just very interested in trading in my Honda Prelude for a SE-R...

Thanks again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dont worry about the questions,we are happy when anyone shows intrest in the SE-R. More so when they want to leave the Honda camp.
As for your questions, it is a matter of opnion on some of it. As for confort for a large guy I have been told that you can not beet the classic. Both th 200sx and the classic (in some years) have the convience features you mentioned. You also have the NX200 (if you could find one). It has a different styling than all other SE-R and has T-tops. I like the look of the NX alot but I still think the 200sx is the best looking SE-R. (no flame wars please, just a matter of opnion)
5th gear pop out should only be a consern on the the cassic. and you will have no problem fitting 205/50 16 tires. If you have not been pointed in the direction of sr20de.net you should try that site. That is by far the best resource for all things SE-R!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what i've read and learned over the years, it seems the '91-92 classic sentra se-r's are the one to get due to the low intake and more aggresive cams.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well for engine capability alone the 91-93, they changed cams and heads in 94. Looks, personaly I like the 93-94, so i would say go 93 classic sentra se-r. Im 6'5" and way fat and i am very confortable in the classic. after like 6'3" i would stay away from the 200sx cause i think they are smaller somehow. NX2000 i fit in decently seems a little snugger to my fat ass cause of the console but I would take one. Love the look of the car. Personaly i would recommend 93 sentra or NX. 93 they got body colored rocker panals and molding and a lower front spoiler that makes it more aggressive. The NX got body colored moldings too which i think helps the car alot. Or if you want new 96,97 200sx they are easier to find sometimes and have most the goodies you want. classic doesnt have power windows or locks but can have the sunroof, 92 had the option for cruise, 93 was more popular for crusie, and it has an air bag if you are saftey minded. 98 200sx they deleted the LSD so personaly i would stay away even tho i like the rear end on those better but that front plastic nose blows. 98+ Sentra SE's arent bad if you need 4 doors after seeing Ben's I started to like them, love that gray btw. They are respectable as ben has proven with his stock motor, and others with their mods. only bad thing, no LSD but some have gotten by that. so its just what you want. you want handling and a sleeper look, or a little bit better looking and not as much as a sleeper, a handler and frog looking, or 4 doors. personaly i like the handling and sleeper of the classic 93 specficly. or NX. But would take any of them. look at prices and how much you are willing to spend. whats great about classics is that usualy you dont have to go in debt for them they are like sub 4000 usualy. so take one of those and put 2000 in mods and you would have a seriously fast street car. YMMV IMHO all that crap

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
Yeah, I'd say 93 SE-R too. 93 was when more goodies became options like power windows/DL, cruise etc. It's also the last year before they changed the intake cam size. 94s are fine too, not really much of a difference, but they're harder to find. 205/50/16s will fit, I actually have 205/45/16s right now on mine, but make sure you get a wheel that is 38 mm offset (or less). at 40 mm you may start to have rubbing problems in the rear. The front is fine.

If you do get an SE-R, the first thing you should do is tune it up. Thnere's a lot of information about what needs to be done on SE-R.net. Common stuff is re-grounding your MAF, cleaning your intake tract, making sure your MAF and TPS are in good working order, stuff like that.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
$8500 I think is a very fair price. Take a look in the SE-R.net classifieds and see how those prices compare. Could even be someone on the list

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Zak-Power windows on a classic? didnt know that EVER was an option. Thought the only power things were the sunroof and the mirrors. Thats what I always thought and found on the net.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that one looks like it would do just fine. The price is very deasent and it is the exact same car that I have minus the cd changer and differant paint.

·
Registered
466 Posts
$8500 for a 70k+ car is high. My fiancee paid about 10k for a '97 SE-R w/ 27,000 miles. It also had a CD changer. We found it at a dealer using autotrader.com. But we are in TN, so hardly any of the rednecks here know what a SE-R is. It's just another one of those "foreign jobs" to them.

:rolleyes:

[Edited by NoVTECSER (09-21-2000 at 01:01 PM).]

[Edited by NoVTECSER (09-21-2000 at 01:02 PM).]

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
I'm kind of biased here, but I've had my 92 Classic for 4 AWESOME years now, and I have loved every single minute in the driver's seat.

108k miles and STILL kickin' GTs asses...

J

·
Registered
466 Posts
You could get power window/locks on the NX and the G20, but not the SE-R. The only B-13 Sentras with power stuff was the Limited Edition 4-doors and maybe the GXEs. But no 2-door cars.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea bout to say power was never an option on the classic. the NX was dont know exactly why, guess they were going for a different crowd with that one instead of the pure performance Classic.

admitily H22 everyone will probaly say their car. But truthfully its what you like. most any se-r / 98+ se is respectable or g20. I like the simple box look of the classic. the 93 espcialy because of the better front spoiler and painted rocker panals. you get all the performance as the 91-92 but you get slightly more agressive looks, and thats about it, well auto option
sucks for me. the 200's are little more modern looking
i wont say my usual line about them. If I had the extra cash i would like a NX2000 love the funky look. or a G20 for a road car little more like a touring car for highway use. Going from a 99 lude you will be a little suprised. should feel about the same maybe a little quicker since its smaller and lighter. handling a little better unless yours is a SH. Then you are used to lots of computer intervention. But for your listed options you are goign to have to go with NX, G20, 200sx, or 98+se. I would say NX2000, im 6'5" like I said and fit well in the NX. only thing is its T tops unless your stuck on the sunroof. love the t's

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
noVTECSER wrote
"$8500 for a 70k+ car is high. My fiancee paid about 10k for a '97 SE-R w/ 27,000 miles. It also had a CD changer. We found it at a dealer using autotrader.com. But we are in TN"

You have to remember tho. that it all depends on where you live also. I live in NJ and I also work at a nissan dealership. Yesterday we got a red 97 SE-R with 50,000 miles and they want almost 11,000 for it. I belive he lives in CA so the cost of living is higher than where you live and that drives up the price on everything.

Marc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts