SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I finally raced my SE-R.
Happy to say I conquered an Integra and a sooped up Stanza. (That bitch was quick)
Well, I went to race 98 Accord and unfortunately I spun my tires too much and lost by a fender. I usually rev up to 4,000 and then let go of the clutch. Is this too high of an RPM? Im pissed off I lost to that freak!! Im getting revenge this weekend!!
I have no mods and run regular tires.
Im running with the filter off this weekend though. I know I know, but its only for this one race and we dont race in a dusty area.
So anyways, any recommended RPM launches?

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hell no!
more like behind this industrial place.

200+ cars last saturday night!!
I love it.!!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 04-23-2001).]

·
Registered
189 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
hell no!
more like behind this industrial place.

200+ cars last saturday night!!
I love it.!!

</font>
Damn, I wish we had a place like that. Does the noise become a problem?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeah I wish we had a spot like that over here. I'd sure like to see everyone in town that has phat rides.

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
LOL, removing your air filter isn't gonna do much. You should just do the famous open air-box mod. It will net you like 2hp and a nice intake growl.

BTW, 4000rpms sounds pretty much right. Maybe a little less actually.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ goodies
15.1 @ 90mph at Englishtown, NJ

·
Registered
420 Posts
I launch at about 2700 and I get off the line pretty well I think. The wheels spin abit until about 3000 and then they bite and then I take off.
I had heard that it was optimal to spin the wheels into your powerband, and that is just under where our starts right, about 3500?

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; 17* timing; now raising funds for AGX's

·
Registered
705 Posts
4k is too high. Rev to about 3500 and slip the clutch. If you dump, youll still get too much wheelspin. Much lower than that and you will bog. Practice your launchiun techniques though. Eveeyr perosn has their own way. try diffrent rpm's and try slipping and dumping the cltuch. Also play wiht tire pressures. Lower the fronts to like 20 psi(much lower and the tire will come off the rim, and put the back tires up to like 50psi.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NyceP26:
Yeah I wish we had a spot like that over here. I'd sure like to see everyone in town that has phat rides.

</font>
We used to have a place like that here in Brooklyn NYC called Fountain Avenue. They used to race on Saturday nights and Sunday Aftrnoons until wee in the morning. They even had a Hotdog truck come there too. Out mayor shut that place down though. There is a website about it somewhere. Check Yahoo or AltaVista and Type In Fountain Avenue. It is bound to show up.

·
Registered
858 Posts
fountain is still around and the tanks as well as five towns and green point ave races on fri sat!

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
they race out on the island too at deer park ave. That should be obvious to any locals but jsut to let u kno. I've seen like everything out there, imports, muscle cars, **** thats just plain weird.
If you want to launch harder lower your front tire pressure a little. Don't get crazy or you'll slow yourself down.

[This message has been edited by Bennitto Mallito (edited 04-24-2001).]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys, THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE!!!!
All the info was great. I'll try launching at 2700 tonight. I want revenge real bad!!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sheabird:
Damn, I wish we had a place like that. Does the noise become a problem?</font>
The noise is GREAT!!!!
You guys would love this place!!!
200 if not 300 hundred cars show up!!
Its wild!. And the cars just line up to race!
If the cops bust us then we end our :SCOUT" to inspect other places and if no "pork chops" are there, then away we go!!!

Check out www.3rdshift.org , then go to media and check out our videos.
its a new site so more videos are coming!!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts