SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resisting the urge to mod
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of moving into Manhattan, a situation in which I would not have (or be able to have) a car. So, I'm wondering what my NX might be worth to the right person. Since the for-sale forum doesn't allow "feeler" threads anymore, I think this is the most appropriate place to post this question.

Remember that I'm not looking to get rid of it quickly, but I'm interested to know what it would be worth realistically. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head, I hope I'm not missing anything:

- 1992 NX2000 in Cherry Red Pearl (the darker red).
- 228k easy miles. I'm the second owner and haven't ragged on it - I drive it to work and back every day (~5 miles each way) and ~100 miles every weekend.
- The paint is still pretty good in most places, but there's some rust on the wheel wells and it's started to show up on the driver's A-pillar as well. There is a nasty rust spot a little smaller than the size of my fist under the brake light on the hatch. NJ winters... :squint:
- Interior is a 9/10. Relatively new floor mats, and the surfaces are clean. The parcel shelf is intact, along with the t-top covers and bags. Only 3/4 speakers work, but I think that's the 10-year-old head unit's fault, not the wiring.
- Lots of new parts since I bought the car in 2004; I have all records and documentation for the work. Brakes, axles, CV joints, and a bunch of other stuff was replaced when I took ownership at around 198k miles. The clutch was replaced at ~210k and feels great, brakes are good, stock exhaust was replaced about 1.5 years ago, battery was replaced about 10 months ago. I've changed the oil every 3 months/3000 miles since I've had the car. Tune-up was performed about 20k miles ago; when we removed the valve cover, the engine was sparkly clean. No sludge, no nothing, it looked great.

The car is COMPLETELY stock except for the seats (I replaced the stock NX seats with '91 SE-R seats) and the stereo (Infinity speakers all around and a Pioneer head unit that is on its way out). I have an extra set of NX rims that I use for snow tires. The car runs great and I'd hate to get rid of it, but as I stated earlier, I'd really have no use for it if I moved into NYC.

So, what's she worth?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
2500 max? maybe 2K

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
look on craigslist.com and compare the nx's there from yours. id say between 1k and 2500 depending on the overall condition.

id say, dont move to manhattan. move to brooklyn (downtown) or the bronx and keep ur egg!!! lol.

·
Don't eat yellow snow
739 Posts
Do your self a favor and do a 300 mile search on autotrader.com for NXs and see what is out there for sale currently and the condition they are in. The internet is your friend when it comes to cars.

Or you can just believe me because I have already done my homework. I would say $1200-$1500 at the most. You have almost 300K on the original motor and rust. I wouldn't even be interested in your car as an enthusiast due to the rust mainly. It just costs to much to fix rust once it gets out of hand.

i would say just throw some snow tires on it and run it til it dies, it gets decent gas mileage, reliable, easy to repair, and it has T-tops. What else do you need in life?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts