SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a weapon R intake any good? what kind of other intakes are their for this car?

By the way, I'm a 2 week old owner of a black 1997 200SX SE-R....

------------------
~Guz~

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have a 97 SER and I'm really happy with my JWT Intake. It's a short stack and all, but it looks and sounds damn good. Not to mention it makes the whole bastard move faster.....

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust
Now equipped with competion racing MOMO floormats!!!$

[This message has been edited by Johnny GreenBack (edited 05-25-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats a JWT stand for?? Where did u buy it from? How much? How much gains did u see from it?

Thanks

------------------
~Guz~

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoops! Sorry buddy. JWT stands for Jim Wolf Technologies. If you check out www.jimwolftechnology.com you'll see thier main site. See also www.stillen.com

Most everyone seems to agree (notice the word seems) that a cold air intake is the better route. See for yourself at www.placeracing.com.

Either way is a hell of a lot better than stock.

P.S. I don't know what the actual horsepower gain was for mine, but I could feel the difference! I ordered from JWT for about $120.

[This message has been edited by Johnny GreenBack (edited 05-25-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So basically it's between a JWT intake and a PR intake....hmmmmmm, which one's cheaper?! lol

------------------
~Guz~

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
For about $70 bucks, I got a weapon r intake. Its basically the same thing as the JWT, but Ill be putting in a DET at some point and I didnt want to waste money on an intake I may not be able to use. Over 3500 rpm the car screams now with just that and exhaust. If you wanna be cheap like me, get the weapon r.

------------------
'95 200sx Se-R Stillen Exhaust, Weapon R adapter intake, 17" Chrome w/ Nitto NT 555

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have seen a Weapon*R intake for an Eclipse and quality didn't seem all that great. If you want Cold Air Intake then hotshot or Place Racing is the way to go. If you want a short stack I'd go with JWT. I have the Place Racing and it is awesome. Nice deep throatly growly, and easy install. I've heard 1 or 2 people say they had a small problem with the fittings but I didn't and it's they are the only ones I've heard of. I recommend the Place intake.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; 17* timing; now raising funds for AGX's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I want the deep throaty sound...kinda like an Iceman (old car was a neon and I had an Iceman intake on it) gives off and it was good, nice and loud...Weapon R sounded good earlier tonight but It sounds like Place Racing is better...Checked out their website and saw their info plus some good feedback on it.

I'll completely decide once I get price quotes from them.....

------------------
~Guz~

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
The Place raacing and Hotshot are better...better sound, power...plus you get 2 intakes in one....you get the A and B pies with a cold air...if you don't wanna run it cold, say if it is street flooding in your neck of the woods, then you can run the short stack..(kinda like the Weapon R set up)...but the PR and HS have been dyno proven to make the most power....the HS is Polished and the PR is powdercoated...both go for about the same price...around $160.00 to $220.00 depending on where you get it from..

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifterRoyal Purple synthetics

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black200sxSER:
The Place raacing and Hotshot are better...better sound, power...plus you get 2 intakes in one....you get the A and B pies with a cold air...if you don't wanna run it cold, say if it is street flooding in your neck of the woods, then you can run the short stack..

</font>
Hey! Good point. Now you people are about to talk me into upgrading from the JWT to a CAI!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So where's the best place to order a PR intake from? Price wise that is...

------------------
~Guz~
"Making Haters into believers, one at a time...this time with a 200SX SE-R"

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
not direct, thats for sure, they have horrible customer service, may have changed since I have ordered though

·
Registered
844 Posts
yeah I noticed that too. service there sux.

------------------
The dirty rain falls in funky town
95ser W/s3,place race CAI,header,catback,JWT ECU,short throw,17" shoguns,kyb,pro lines,strut tower, yadda,yadda...

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
If your not worried about suckin rain into your engine(actually don't see how you could unless your retarded) then just buy the Place Racing Cold Air Intake(CAI). I think it was a huge impovement over my JWT intake.

Order it from Glen at importpartsplus.com

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

[This message has been edited by borguesian (edited 05-26-2001).]

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
you have to be in deep shyt to have to worry about sucking water into your motor...it would need to be up to mid wheel before sucking it in...and if you are still driving in that, then......besides, if you are caught in it, it takes 10 minutes and a screwdriver to remove the lower portion of the pipe.

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifterRoyal Purple synthetics

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Ya...10 minutes. I think you were the exception..yours didn't fit the way it should have from the get go...mine is off and on pretty quickly. Helps to be smarter than a monkey too...woops...watch that banana peel!

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R

·
Registered
90 Posts
Injen makes intakes that have an extention that you can turn into a CAI. That way if you live in a place with bad weather, you can detactch the CAI extension and put it back on when the weather is better. I don't know if they have the extension available for the SE-R yet. I heard there were rumors of AEM developing a CAI for the SE-R as well.

------------------
http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

·
Registered
756 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black200sxSER:
you have to be in deep shyt to have to worry about sucking water into your motor...it would need to be up to mid wheel before sucking it in...and if you are still driving in that, then......besides, if you are caught in it, it takes 10 minutes and a screwdriver to remove the lower portion of the pipe.

</font>
10 minutes my ass! It took a while to rearrange the battery, smash the filter to get it to a WAI. I did not like the fitment of the PR CAI. It never really lined up right.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
I ordered my PRCAI from Nizmo.com for like $175. Decent price, but i'd rather have paid like $205, and actually get one. It's been like 8 business days, and still no intake. Also I couldn't find a way to contact them, to bitch either. The web site is easy to place an order on, but not surprisingly difficult to register a complaint to. It's probably not in stock, but did they bother to tell me? Hell no. The ****ers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Get the Place Racing CAI or the Hotshot CAI.
CAI's RULE!

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust

[This message has been edited by SERacer (edited 05-28-2001).]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts