SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the newest issue of SCC (with the USCC cars) and noticed that the HASport CRX has 255 XX17's on his car. Wtf?! The widest tire I have been able to run is 205. (And I mean street tires to, not giant slicks that you rasie the entire front of your car for and cant turn the wheel more than a half turn without rubbing.) What size tire do you use on your FWD car? I am thinking maybe with my new coilovers (that dont have massive spring perches) and some wheelspacers, I might be able to get 225's on there, or bigger hopefully...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. keep em coming. I dont want to go out and buy tires that are to big.:D

·
Peggy the Eggy
831 Posts
i had an NX2000 with H&R springs and AGX's and i had 225-50 RA-1's on it and they didnt rub. they were on aftermarket crappy 14'' rims. couldnt fit any bigger. oh and mccoy thanks for the boner.

·
woo dee woo
855 Posts
McCoy said:
225/45/15 R3S04 Hoosiers... sectional width of 9.8" and I've yet to rub :)

Sick.
Could you fill me in on your offset, rim size, suspension.....oh just tell me everything that you did to get those pigs to fit in there!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
i wish i had a pic of this integra that was at our cendiv event a few weeks ago. he had 285/30/18 in the front :eek: :eek: he won in dsp, but damn those looked huge.

·
Registered
547 Posts
veilside180sx said:
I just picked up 225/45/15 Hankook RS2 for my B14.=)

Thats what I'm looking at for my soon to be b14. What kinda wheels and offset are you running? and PICS PLZ :)!!!!

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
search the autocross/road race forum under my screen name for something like "official wide tire thread". You'll find all the info you are looking for their.

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
mpg9999 said:
search the autocross/road race forum under my screen name for something like "official wide tire thread". You'll find all the info you are looking for their.
Post #8 has a link to that thread... a good read for anyone that's looking to go larger than a 205 width tire :)

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
If you google "Spec Miata Wheel" you can find 30 offset 4x100 15 inchers pretty easily. Thanks for Spec Miata!

Falken Hanabis are available in 17x9 (Wow!) with a 20mm offset. I totally want someone to guinea pig those and try for 245s.

I'm probably going with the 225/50 RS2s next time around, supposedly the 225/50 615s are coming out this fall.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts