SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my replacement trans and the clutch lever is different. I comes out abotu and inch tehn bends upwards and has a weight on the bottom of it. My stocker comes straight out and has no weight on it. It looks like a PITA to swap over :(

UPDATE: Greg V cross referenced the Vin number off the tranny and it is indeed from a 97 SE-R. We cannot figure out why it bends up like that. Its not just "bent" from being dropped. It was actually molded that way. Wierd.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Where is the trans off of, do you know? Interesting to know for future reference if I ever need a tranny, so I know what tranny not to get.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Let us know how hard it is to change the lever. I have no idea how hard it would be.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Changing ou the lever is easy...with the trany off and you have a puch set. I have a 96 SE-R and my lever is what you describe with the weight. It broke and the new one I ordered and put on also had a weight, albeit it was larger and the welds were much better. I wonder why Nissan changed the design, more than once.

-Mike

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, my stocker actually does have a weight on it. I'm just wondering what car this came off from to have the lever bend up like it does. G20 maybe?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts