SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between 190hp sr20ve and 205hp sr20ve (as I noticed you call it 2001+)...
There is a hardware difference or program etc?
please advise... :confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I understand that there is a difference, but could you tell exactly about the bottom? Rods, pistons? The head will be from sr16ve. Now I have SR20DE rods\crank. Going to order sr20ve pistons... are they different for "usual sr20ve" and "2001+ sr20ve"?

·
Registered
165 Posts
SR20Turbofreak said:
You cant just go out and get one, they are nearly impossible to find.
It is possible, but expensive. I can supply NEW 20v engines directly from japan. But the price is about $3500 + shipping for just engine as it cames from factory (block+head without anything on it).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
in summary, I need to port intake and exhaust, use some "sport" header, my sr16ve head with large then 2.0 cams will be usable - so I`ll be close to 20v setup (I think drive by wire and 6 spd gearbox don`t gain horses ;) )

please tell me - bottom is the same? if yes - question is closed :)

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
It is possible, but expensive. I can supply NEW 20v engines directly from japan. But the price is about $3500 + shipping for just engine as it cames from factory (block+head without anything on it).
thats not bad at all, honda boys pay that for their k20's

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
That's actually a very decient price for a brand spankin' new engine and a 20V at that. If you can locate a used one, you're still paing upwards of $2-2.5g, IIRC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts