SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the first year they put the front spoiler on the SE-R? Fog-lights?

------------------
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SENTRASER:
Whats the first year they put the front spoiler on the SE-R? Fog-lights?
</font>
Foglights have always been on the SE-R. That's one of the ways to distinguish the Sentra SE-R from the other models. Front spoiler? I'm assuming you're referring to the somewhat changed airdam on the '93-'94 SE-R. More information about the history of the Sentra SE-R can be found here:

http://www.voicenet.com/~daveb

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Foglights have always been on the SE-R.</font>
That is incorrect.

The '91-'92 front spoiler was less aggressive and did not have fog lights. It actually looks just like the SE. They might have been an option, but not standard on that year SE-R's.

To view the changes through the years, this link has the pics and descriptions to verify this.

http://www.users.voicenet.com/~daveb/history/changes.html

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees, custom 2.25" Borla cat-back exhaust)

[This message has been edited by NismoPC (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
450 Posts
That is right. My first SE-R (91) did NOT have fog lights. It didn't even have the button/switch on the console. Just the dummy snap in place holder.

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies and a matching child car seat!
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
that's odd..i have a 1991 SE-R...and I have foglights and the standard switch...and it wasn't an option according to the original window sticker that i still have..

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoPC:
To view the changes through the years, this link has the pics and descriptions to verify this.

http://www.users.voicenet.com/~daveb/history/changes.html

</font>
The red SE-R on that page isn't an accurate repsentation of '91-'92 SE-R's because it used to have foglights. (It's my old car, and I took them off.
)

My '91 had stock foglights, too.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I think, read THINK that '91 didn't come from the fatory with fog lights, and the dealers installed them. If you look at the wiring, its add on wiring. My '91 has fog lights and the wires going to the switch are spliced in with Scotch-lock connectors. The relay is mounted between the firewall and the driver's side shock tower. I have never seen a SE-R without fog lights, unless the owner took them off. I think this was only done in '91.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
450 Posts
That pix of the red one was exactly like my first. Aztec red with blacked out rocker panels and no fog lights. I was kind of pived it didn't have them. I remember when I get the 94 one of the first things I did was drive around in the dark turning my fog lights on and off. My wife (girlfriend at the time) thought I was nuts.........Well she was right.

·
-
3,560 Posts
How weird, I have *never* seen a stock SE-R from 91/92 without foglights. I have owned two and leased one back in 92, and they have all had foglights.

I have two window stickers;
The 91 doesn't list foglights anywhere and the only option listed is a Power Sunroof @ $800.

The 92 has foglights listed under "Standard Equipment at No Extra Charge." It also lists the leather-wrapped steering/shift knob, which was omitted from the 91 sticker.

Interestingly, AC is listed nowhere on the 91 sticker, yet my 91 had AC. In 92, AC was part of the "SE-R Value Option Package" at a healthy $1295.

I dont know if that answers *any* questions?!?

------------------
Louis
91 Sentra SE-R
10:1 Jspec w/JWT PP, ECU, POP, HS Hedr &
BAD PAINT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts