SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when the fuel light used to come on, it would fill to about 12.9 -13.0 gallons. lately it has been filling to almost 14. the other day i filled it up when the light came on and i put 14.335 gallons. i saved the receipt. i thought it was strange, and was wondering if anyone else has put that much gas in the tank?

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it does only have like a 13 gallon tank. thats why i think its weerd that im now consistantly putting 14 gallons into it. its not at one gas station either. i wonder if they are all in a conspiricy to charge us for more gas.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I wonder where the gas is measured at... I'm in the habit of turning the nozzle over at the end of the fillup and lift the the sagging middle section of the hose and sometimes close to half a gallon will spill out without me holding the handle... if that is true they are charging you for that half gallon that is in the hose....

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I remember when I had my B14, I filled 14.5 gallons one day. I thought it was strange that I pumped that much. I didn't save the receipt, but oh well...

·
Registered
527 Posts
I put in 13.1 gallons about 10 miles after the light came on.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
James said:
I wonder where the gas is measured at... I'm in the habit of turning the nozzle over at the end of the fillup and lift the the sagging middle section of the hose and sometimes close to half a gallon will spill out without me holding the handle... if that is true they are charging you for that half gallon that is in the hose....
that makes sense, but, the gas that is already in the line from the last person would account for what i was charged for, so it equals out. unless of course the person before me did what you do and amptied the line out.

·
Back down to one SR20
2,055 Posts
I actually ran out of gas once, put one gallon in from a conatiner, drove to the gas station and it took 13.2 more.

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
hmm in my 99 sentra i ran out of gas, put in a gallon from the red container, and at the pump (2minutes away) i put in exactly 10.1 gallons :confused:

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
so if there is fuel leftover in the line, and the person before me got 87 octane, and i wanted 93, i would get a mix. thats not fair

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NuttyNate said:
so if there is fuel leftover in the line, and the person before me got 87 octane, and i wanted 93, i would get a mix. thats not fair

umm, thats why there are seperate lines for 87, 89, and 93.

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
civicdragon said:
not really a lot of gas station suse the same line for 87-93... sunoco uses the same line for those and a separate one for 94
The Texaco around here uses two tanks, one w/ 87 and another w/ 94. It adds a little 94 to the 87 to make 89 and 93. Every so often, they run out of 87 and sell the 94 @ the 87 price. I take every car up there when I see this happen for a fill up whether it needs it or not. ;) And BTW, I've never been able to get close to 13.2 in my tank.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well when gas gets cold it condenses (measured by volume when pumped) but you live in florida so this makes no sense to me how you fit that much gas in your tank.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, it was pretty cold at about 78 degrees. sorry, j/k.

oh, and i stand corrected about the different gas lines, now that you said that i have seen them all as one line, but not commonly.

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
well i never put that much gas in my car... i never had more than 12 gallons put in... ive run it for a good while after the light came on.. i mean it was on and didnt turn off for nothing and i filled it to like 12.2 gallons... so maybe this doesnt happen in NJ

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if my scanner worked, i would show you guys my receipt. it is really wierd, if it was just one station, i would assume they were ocercharging, but i get results like this everywhere.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts