SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Similar to the power seat cord in other cars, I have on in my Sentra. I pretty darn sure I don't have power seats. Is it like some safety sensor that if the chair breaks then the fuel gets cut off or something? I have NO clue what it's for.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
What is it connected to. If its just under that not connected its probaly for either power seats or heated seats. My friends maxima was like that. but if its like near the buckle its probaly the wire to tell the srs system that the seat belt is buckled.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AHA! That's what it is. So does the airbag work differently if I don't have my seatbelt on?

·
Registered
466 Posts
The wire is for the seat belt buckle. I unhooked mine so when I use my 4 point harness, I don't have a seat belt light in my face.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I dont know about the odbII cars it may not deploy the bag im not sure. hell not that sure on the odbI cars like mine. Just know that light stays on for a few mins then goes off. I think

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Its hooked up to the cigarette lighter... be carefull!

Mike 007 dumbass
I want MSD injectors,JWT fule rail and the Cobra MAF. Any one want to lend me some $$$?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
actually it is a gas sensor. if you got the farts too bad, it will automatically shut your car off b/c you are a hazard to your passengers and to other drivers if you gots your window down. (sorry, really tired and in a somewhat odd mood tonight) :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LMAO :)

I forget to keep a better sense of humor with this car stuff. Thanks for reminding me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts