SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody on the forum had any problems with orders from courtesy nissan? I ordered the brake upgrade. The rotors, the calipers, and the axis pads. When they arrived, I got everything, but 1 rotor was missing. About a week later, the rotor shows up after I call them about this. Today, I'm installing everything, and find out that they sent me to right calipers! So now they're sending me out a left caliper. Have these kind of mix-ups happened before? This is the first time I've ordered from courtesy, but now I'm kind of leery of any future purchases from them. I'm hoping this is just a one time thing, because they have really great prices.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well shipping problems like that happen to every company at times. Maybe Im kinda lax about it cause its not me. I have heard mixed reviews on them but more good than bad. I will take the gamble if any and order alot of stuff from them when I get money. BTW is that the nx2k brakes teh ad22vf's? Cause im going to do that soon an would would to know how much you paid for them if you dont mind. Need to do brakes sometime soon after the convention.

·
Registered
254 Posts
No real problems to speak of, but I'm a little disgruntled at the moment. I ordered my B-pipe Friday before UPS collects at Courtesy. Ground delivery from Texas to Atlanta is 3 days(so says UPS). The part did not arrive Wed, but I knew that it may not have left Courtesy till Monday. It didn't arrive Thursday either. Called this morning for the tracking number - it didn't ship till Wednesday night! It may arrive here Monday - another weekend resheduled, as I need our shop's TIG welder to to reconnect the flange after shortening the pipe. SIGH.....

I'm still excited about getting it (especially since they are now on back order till mid-June!), but I don't understand why it left so late(for a stock item).

Anyway, more disappointed than anything - but I'll get over it. Guess I wanted to vent to those who understand.

·
Registered
466 Posts
At least you are going to get the 1st B-pipe you ordered. UPS lost 2 of mine. The guys at Courtesy were very helpful and kept sending more out until I finally received mine. I did order a thermostat housing for a GA16DE, and they sent we a SR20 one, but I did order stuff for my car at the same time, so I can see where they could have gotten mixed up. I will continue to order from them, and I plan to order my rear STB this week. They are a whole lot easier to deal with then the local idiots(dealers).

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the b14 pipes were on backorder and we just recieved them on monday, the b13s are still on backorder and we will not have them for the convention :-( we have the mufflers though. and usually when we screw up, it is pretty bad :) (actually, sometimes nissan mixes up part #s on the boxes, so mistakes do happen like this) but it is not a common thing 99.999999% of the things that we send out are correct and sent out in a timely manor, but nobody is perfect, especially how much volume I PERSONALLY ship. and on a dl note, ups is not the best at taking care of packages. brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bowlcut, I did order the nx2000 brakes. I have this problem that when I go thrashing on my car I get the front rotors smoking, and sometimes warping! I ordered what that nj1200 guy has on his 200sx se-r. He really liked the set-up. I didn't get them as cheap as he did though. I paid around $520.00 total. Do they give out a list member discount on these items? If so, it might be a little cheaper because I didn't tell them I was a list member. Good luck on your project :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Like I said, Brian, just disappointed. No big deal, really - just glad to get it this week.

Hope the mufflers are still in stock when I order one.(in the near future) :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, we got em, and ya, I hooked you up with some shipping b/c you had to wait so long last time :) (you will probably see it Monday or Tuesday)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wow, thanks, Brian! The sooner it arrives the better! The B-pipe is sitting in the living room right now - can't wait to see the muffler. Too bad no one but mechanics, a few friends, and I will ever see it once it's installed. Everyone that has seen the b-pipe has been mightily impressed(brought it to work to shorten it's length).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts