SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on now guys, I know you can push 20+ pounds of boost through your 4 bangers, and make them run like a bat out of hell. (I know cause I got beat by a '84 Celica :mad
But why, oh why, do you put all of that gawdy crap on your cars? ESPECIALY the ones that have had no engine work done on them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, I have no delusions as to my fate here.

[This message has been edited by 1BADZ28 (edited 10-18-2001).]

·
Registered
756 Posts
Seriously, do you see any of that here? Do you see any threads on how to properly intall "stickers" on your hood, or quick tips on shifting mad quicker? No, you don't. Please grow up and stick to what you know.

·
-
3,560 Posts
I live in TN, so much respect to V8s, BUT...

Whats up with:
...louvered rear window panels, fake sidepipes, stickers (Hooker, Edelbrock, Flowmaster, K&N, et al), headlight covers, sawblade wheels, jacked up rear ends, tubbed-out 15 second cars, S10s with IROC wheels, billet-anything, visible traction bars on said 15-sec cars.....

Bad taste has no alliances. But you'll find SE-R people tend emphasize performance *over* cosmetics, sometimes ignoring cosmetics totally (and if you had a Sentra, wouldn't you?).

BTW, its kinda cool to see a light-hearted V8r in here.

------------------
Louis
91 Sentra SE-R
10:1 Jspec w/JWT PP, ECU, POP, HS Hedr &
BAD PAINT

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 1BADZ28:
Come on now guys, I know you can push 20+ pounds of boost through your 4 bangers, and make them run like a bat out of hell. (I know cause I got beat by a '84 Celica :mad
But why, oh why, do you put all of that gawdy crap on your cars? ESPECIALY the ones that have had no engine work done on them.
</font>
I think you guys are confusing the SE-R community with the Honda community.

Not much more than a bunch of gear heads in the SE-R community. They have the same amount of idiots per capita that your average F-Body community does.

SE-R's have nothing to prove, we already know they are hte baddest econobased platform in the world. (How many other stock 2.0 liters do you know lay down 400+whp with a bolt on power adder?)

I think you should spread the word around your board that this site is not a rice fest and nothing more than a bunch of good people who are into motorsports. They shouldn't troll this site...really.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe "ya'll" was a little too general, huh? I do see your point though. Kinda like when those f#cking readknecks have a v6 ford pickup raised up on 36in tires, and then never take them off roading.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
rowlett? you don't have an older brother named Trey do you? I might know who you are. BUSTED (possibly, but I don't care)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
come to think of it, i dont think ive seen(personaly) a se-r with big wings and stuff.

doesnt matter tho cause everyone thinks we do. not to mention my want of a ws-6 or z06...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brian:
rowlett? you don't have an older brother named Trey do you? I might know who you are. BUSTED (possibly, but I don't care)</font>
Sure don't. My wife and I moved to Waterview back in August, so I kinda doubt you know me. Either way it's nice to see a fellow Texan here.

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 1BADZ28:
Maybe "ya'll" was a little too general, huh? I do see your point though. Kinda like when those f#cking readknecks have a v6 ford pickup raised up on 36in tires, and then never take them off roading.

</font>
LOL I'm a Jeeper too so I can relate when a pretty boy drives by with a lifted jeep, crash bars and perfect paint. LOL The thing never saw dirt in it's life.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
a friend of mine owns a subaru shop down in rowlett, and his younger brother drives a pretty bad ass ls1 z28

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jay Hass:
LOL I'm a Jeeper too so I can relate when a pretty boy drives by with a lifted jeep, crash bars and perfect paint. LOL The thing never saw dirt in it's life.

</font>
Yeah, I have to strain my neck just give the little bastard an ugly look. It's almost as bad, but not quite, when you have to look over at some 17 year old punk driving a brand new Vette.

·
Registered
858 Posts
you must have mistaken this forum for the club si forum dude! flame on!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
858 Posts
P.S did I tell you guys about that z28 I smoked as I tried my new bottle heater 950psi all the way! embarassing. I just wish his girl was with him to see it happen

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">But why, oh why, do you put all of that gawdy crap on your cars?</font>

What? Here? Where?
The only thing on my car is dirt. Well, there is this one dent...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Whats up with:
...louvered rear window panels, fake sidepipes, stickers (Hooker, Edelbrock, Flowmaster, K&N, et al), headlight covers, sawblade wheels, jacked up rear ends, tubbed-out 15 second cars, S10s with IROC wheels, billet-anything, visible traction bars on said 15-sec cars.....</font>

What did you say? Oh, thats not YOUR group?! Its not our group either.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well I will be putting that big SR20 Development sticker all up on my windshield....

------------------
Chris Alfonso
Few mods and a bottle of laughter
Best 1/4 time: 13.3
60' time: 1.83
1/8 mile time @ 8.476
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Andreas Miko:
You can only eat as much as you can ****.</font>

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NX-t:
I put a GT2 wing on my car but every one I know thinks it is a nice compliment to my nx and I have done way more to the engine then to the body.

</font>

I knew it! Your all a bunch of "Ricers"

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NX-t:
I put a GT2 wing on my car but every one I know thinks it is a nice compliment to my nx and I have done way more to the engine then to the body.

</font>
You know what? Do what you want. To heck with what everybody else thinks. Put on your car what you think is cool.

People are too self conscious when it comes to this. "Gosh, I hope people like my new windshield washer lights". Who cares? A lot of people run around screaming rice this and rice that. It's all about personal preference.

Now, when the kid that "stickercharges" his car starts talking trash to a guy with chipping paint but runs 12's in the 1/4, then feel free to eat him alive and tell him why he sucks. Don't alienate people, educate them. Show them why money is better spent on performance then appearance mods. Also, if you are a ricer, quit being a poser. Nobody likes someone who pretends to be something they are not, and then lies about it.

My $.02, I guess.

Chris

------------------
Blaming guns for murders is like blaming spoons for fat people.

·
-
3,560 Posts
If you ask me, the general US population is guilty of a sister of "ricing."

That is unless Escalade owners actually *do* drive off road.

------------------
Louis
91 Sentra SE-R
10:1 Jspec w/JWT PP, ECU, POP, HS Hedr &
BAD PAINT

1 - 20 of 25 Posts