SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my car has over 160K, 93 sentra se-r. when im driving and going around 20-40mph and have the car starts hesitating. like small losses and bursts of speed. and my foot is stationary on the pedal. Ive run through 1/4 tank of 92 oct and a bottle of fuel injector cleaner, but havent felt a difference yet, could i have a bad injector of maybe my fuel pump is going bad. or have i not given the fuel injector cleaner enough time. should i drive casually or drive it at WOT, can anybody help me?

Sunshine

·
Registered
883 Posts
I always thought that you were not supposed use fuel injector cleaner in the SR motors.

------------------
Kris94G20™

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Nope they dont. We have plate style not pintle style. They dont need injector cleaner. If you are wanting them cleaned take them out and take them to a diesel shop and have them sonicly cleaned.

But that hesiataion you have is probaly from the EGR system. It needs to be cleaned out. Very common problem. Check se-r.net and the list archives for the solution. I am trying to find it I remember reading how to do it from se-r.net but cant seem to find it. but do a search in the archives for like egr cleaning stuff like that should pop up something on how to do it.

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Sounds like EGR to me too. My suggestion unplug the line to egr valve and plug it, drive around and see it that fixes your symptoms.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 93 SE-R w/102k on it, and was having some of the same problems you are having, and I tried the BPT/EGR cleaning on SE-R.net and it seemed to work great!! I couldn't believe hoe crapped up the EGR line was-Just make sure you let your motor cool before you spray anything into the EGR tube!! Look under the Tune-up section under maintenance and there should be a section about Common problems and fixes-scroll down 3/4 of the way down the page and click on "erratic and jumping idle" on THAT page all the way down at the bottom is the whole article, pictures and all. If THAT is too confusing, E-Mail me and I'll send you the article! Good luck!

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
You know what it might be the EGR but My guess would be the spark plugs or spark plug wires. You may want to check them out, they can put a damper in your auto world. Believe me I know I lost to a supra cause of my Plug wires.

Mike Collins USN.
Turbo Classic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the suggestions. I have changed out my plugs and the wires looked pretty good. After changing my plugs there was a difference, but not much of one. Thx guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts