SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1/4 MILLION MILES STRONG!
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are NX2000 rims lighter then Sentra SE-L/200sx SER rims? Has anyone ever weighed the rims? What are there weights? I ask because I have a set of both and am curious about what rim to run in an autocross. I did not know exactly where to post this so that is why I posted it in autocross section aswell. Thanks.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
If you have a set of both then why dont you just go weigh them:confused:

·
Rebuilding
3,916 Posts
my b14 wheels weighted on a bathroom scale with tires and fully aired about 34lbs i think. Hope this helps

·
1/4 MILLION MILES STRONG!
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i will go ahead and do this when i have tires off them. I only wanted to know the rim weight. I figured someone would know it off hand.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Isn't the NX2000 wheel 14" & SE-L/200SX SER wheel 15"?
If so, unless the 15" wheel weighs less than the 14", you should weigh them with the same tires to find out the lighter tire/wheel combo.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Just go weigh them with the tires your going to run on each and you have your answer.

Im pretty sure the NX rims are like 1-2pounds lighter without tires then the 15's. With tires it kinda evens out since the 15's will have a lower profile.

Having said all that. The b14 SE-R rims are 15x6. The NX rims are 14x6. The NX rims are just as wide as the SE-R rims and are 14 inches which would translate into less rotational mass. For Autocross I would run the 14's.

·
like a stray puppy
2,163 Posts
like you I can only compare them with rubber wrapped around em and a different rubber at that but the NX wheels were still lighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts