SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Say it with DET
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Im in the market for some new wheels, but I dont wanna spend a whole hell of a lot of money. I dont really mind if there off name brand or not brand new. Im just looking to spend under or around $300.

Im basically looking for 15x5.5-7 wheels 4x100 bolt pattern.

Any suggestions?

BTW is anyone lives in around the southern california area, and know of any local places that might have a good selection of wheels, let me know. Thanks!

·
Say it with DET
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O really? Never crossed my mind to do the most obvious thing lol The reason Im asking on here is because I wanted to see how people have faired with rims on THEIR nissans.

Best advice is from someone whos lived it

·
Use to be ^
776 Posts
Craigslist is probably your best bet. They have A LOT of wheels if you search properly. For $300, you probably could get some used Rotas or something. There are tons of 4x100 wheels.

·
SouthPaw
2,022 Posts
Spend a little extra. You have a b14 ser, so once you swap your wheels with your stock 5 spoke alloys, you can sell them here on the forum. The b14 ser wheels are one of the more popular swaps b13 guys use for good looks while keeping it real...real Nissan! I believe when I sold mine I sold them for 300 including tires, originally bought them 250 without tires. Rotas are your best bet for low price/ high quality aftermarket wheels. I pimp some 15" Fliks Blast C's, which are Rota knockoffs(go figure because rota made them as Spoon knockoffs iirc)

Picture. These are 11 pound Flik Blast C's... essentially Rota Slipstream knockoffs.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
Spend a little extra. You have a b14 ser, so once you swap your wheels with your stock 5 spoke alloys, you can sell them here on the forum. The b14 ser wheels are one of the more popular swaps b13 guys use for good looks while keeping it real...real Nissan! I believe when I sold mine I sold them for 300 including tires, originally bought them 250 without tires.
This man speaks the truth. B14 wheels will always be popular with the B13 crowd. I've got a set. :D

Check out "Wheels and Tires", lots of good information before you purchase:

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=170794

·
SE-R Tech
98 Posts
Spend a little extra. You have a b14 ser, so once you swap your wheels with your stock 5 spoke alloys, you can sell them here on the forum. The b14 ser wheels are one of the more popular swaps b13 guys use for good looks while keeping it real...real Nissan! I believe when I sold mine I sold them for 300 including tires, originally bought them 250 without tires. Rotas are your best bet for low price/ high quality aftermarket wheels. I pimp some 15" Fliks Blast C's, which are Rota knockoffs(go figure because rota made them as Spoon knockoffs iirc)

Picture. These are 11 pound Flik Blast C's... essentially Rota Slipstream knockoffs.

if you want to spend a little more and get brand new

edgeracing.com sells the flik blast for a good price

Soon they will be stocking 15X7

I have been waiting for them since I think they look really nice

·
Say it with DET
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm thanks for the info guys.

****ing idiot ME gave away the stock Se-R wheels like a ****tard... I should beat my own ass for that one.

But right now I have 18" axis rims. Pretty sweet but the tires are way to much. And I wanna try something smaller.

But Ill check out the Rotas :eek:)

Thanks again

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
But right now I have 18" axis rims. Pretty sweet but the tires are way to much. And I wanna try something smaller.
HOLY CRAP BATMAN! thats huge for a b14 wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to big and WAYYYYYYYYY to heavy. with a good lite set of 15's you will notice a massive differance in performance. if i were you id save up for some 15x7's with a 35ish offset. then you can stick some 215/50/15 tires on there (get good tires like BFG's) and your car will stick like glue to the road.

kazera KZM (you will find these at tire rack but only if you search for wheels for a 91 miata, and you have to bore out the hub of the wheel)

kosie K1-TS

all these wheels will break your budget by about $100 or a tad more but it would be worth it to get quality wheels you wont be upset.

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=169776&highlight=wheels

the motorsports section is a great place to search for wheels, these guys are all about performance and know about some of the best wheels for the cheapest prices.

·
Say it with DET
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See this is what Im talking about! love getting the feedback, always helpful

But yea I got the car with the 18's I like'm but there ****ing huge. I blew a tire and switch it out with a full size spare, car say all ****ing weird. Plus I never noticed how big they were till I had to set it in my car on the seat lol god jesus there huge.

So yea if anyone wants to buy them haha I wanna get rid of them.

I found a good set of white Konig rims WITH tires, used or course, but only 220. Called the guy up and he said he sold them like 2 hours after the add came out haha bastards.

Keep the info coming though guys. And as always thanks again

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
New, cheap, good. Pick 2, that's all you're going to get.

For 15X7 @ $300, you are going to have to get used. The cheapest 15X7 wheels start new at $100/each.

I have the Kazeras. Great wheel. They will NOT fit as-is. Hub is too small. They must be bored out.

Great wheel though. 13 lbs and strong. $100 each too.

Click here and scroll to the bottom to see a Classic on Kazeras.

·
Say it with DET
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i dont mind spending MORE then 300, i was just saying that for used rims.

But for new I understand your going to pay atleast 100 or so.

I found some cool looking Drag brand rims for 100 bucks a piece. Dont know if its a good brand or not? But I wanna buy rims that I dont have to worry about boring out and modifing in anyway. I used to work at a metal shop, and now that I dont, I dont really have access to big metal working tools lol dont wanna be stuck with nice new rims and no where to put them on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts