SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a spacer for my real wheels on my b13. I'm using hypercoils gen. 1 with kyb gr2's. I have 200sx rims with bridgestone potenzas 195/55/15 (they came with the rims). Somethings rubbing when I pull a tight corner, so I thought I would try a spacer.

Only problem is they only had 1/4 inch at pepboys. They were cheap so I thought I'd try them out. Should I get smaller spacer?? Any danger to these. It said on the package that if you have more than 1/2 inch of threaded stud left its ok. and I had a little more than 1/2 inch.

any suggestions advice would be appreciated.

eduardo

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
If you don't have thread at least even with the nut then thats not good. You are supposed to have the equivalent of 1/2 the diamete of the stud sticking out of the nut when its tightened. I put 5mm H&R spacers on the back of my NX and they came with longer studs. Its onlt like $60 or so for the kit and the spacers are hubcentric. I got mine from a place in Cleveland. I posted the info in the archives somewhere.

BTW I pulled the spacers off the NX so I could run snow tires on clasic wheels (I have NX brakes on the se-r) and they came loose on the highway. I had to stop and tighten them. Luckily (I guess) I had that happen before on my old Prelude so I was able to feel the problem before anything bad happened. I know people who have lost a wheel on the road and its not fun at all. You really should get longer studs. I am going to grind my calipers down so I can remove the spacers. I have not driven the se-r since I got bakc from my trip. I don't want the lugs to loosen again. They were about 2 turns away from bring flush with the end of the lug nuts too...

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
Search on "spacers". I think you'll find your answer.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, actually, just drove around the block with these and they made the problem worse.

I wish I would have spent more money on a better suspension. the hypercoils gen 1 lower the car too much in the back,

e

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I am using 1/4" spacers on the rear of my nx w/215/40/17 and little rub all around, I am using prokits. No problems though. I would try to see where its rubbing, use chalk in the wheel wells. color it in and the tire will rub it off after a ride around the block.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
with a 1/4" spacer, I bet he's hitting the fenders. That means it's time to get out the baseball bat. You should be able to tell if it's hitting the spring perch, there'll be a black mark on it where the tire hits and it'll be smooth. Go ahead, ask how I know. I was able to fit 205's in the rear with a 5mm spacer. 55's are too tall though, that's a big part of my problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts