SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new member here, and yes I have used the search feature and to no avail. I have a 91 SER that I will be racing. We are required to run 1" lug nuts, and they cost like $5 a nut because of the SER's thread pitch. Was curious if anyone has a part number for standard pitch 1.5 instead of 1.25 lug studs that will fit these cars.

·
The Lil' SE-R Guy
970 Posts
Hey guys, new member here, and yes I have used the search feature and to no avail. I have a 91 SER that I will be racing. We are required to run 1" lug nuts, and they cost like $5 a nut because of the SER's thread pitch. Was curious if anyone has a part number for standard pitch 1.5 instead of 1.25 lug studs that will fit these cars.
I don't think you will find any the reason I say this is because of the knurling (I think) at the end of the stud that holds it in. I know it is hard enough to find extended studs that aren't Nismo ones that break frequently. A few people are running ARP studs for a WRX and they work well but share the 1.25 thread pitch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Did some research, found that 97 Mitsubish Eclipse lug studs are a suitable swap for the stock studs, only real difference I see is that the head of the stud, the part that rests against the back of the hub, is 0.8mm smaller, big deal or no?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts