SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what you guys think about using these wheels for drag/autox use. Should we ask the manufacuterer if this wheel will remain hubcentric on our Nissans? Has anyone had experience with a 15x8 front wheel, did it fit under the fender? Thanks guys, BTW - this ad is from the latest Summit Racing mailer.

[This message has been edited by norurb (edited 07-12-2001).]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind, I just called that company, the 15x7 wheel weighs 29 lbs according to the rep I spoke with. Freakin' cow!

Out of curiosity, I asked if the wheel would remain hub-centric. The rep said doesn't matter, FWD imports are lug-centric. Does this sound right? I'm thinking it does. So, that would mean we can machine our own spacers. And so long as we install longer studs then we stay lug-centric.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,281 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by norurb:
Never mind, I just called that company, the 15x7 wheel weighs 29 lbs according to the rep I spoke with. Freakin' cow! </font>
That sucks. I think the'd look pretty bad-ass on my black classic.

Chris

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm calling back tomorrow to verify that weight, hoping they meant 19 lbs or 9 lbs even. Looking at that wheel I just don't see where the weight comes from. It's not chrome plated, appears to be a steel wheel. And then with those "lightening holes to reduce weight" I'm thinking I was misinformed. Hope so anyways.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
damn, I sure hope they're not 29 lbs! I'm in the market for some 15" wheels for my slickies...

If you do find out they truly are a reasonable weight, let us know.

Thanks!

·
0 Posts
**** my sister's Sentra SE rims without the hubcaps have like 30 holes in it.
They must weigh nothing!!

I want to steal her seats!!.....shhhhh
They are still nice and bulky.
Mine are all worn out from the "BIG" guy that drove it before me. =-(

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bummer, I just called Wheel Vintiques, that wheel actually weighs around 26 lbs, 29 lbs shipped. Well, gonna take my money elsewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts