SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, as much as I like my SE-L wheels I'm jonesing for something new. This may only be blowing smoke but I'm thinking about Rota C8s in bronze. 15 inch, of course.

Just curious whether you guys have any opinions - do it, don't do it, you're insane, etc. I'm also wondering what I might be able to get for the SE-Ls, which are damn near mint, and have Azenis with a lot of life left on them. Price both with and without tires (I'd need tires for the new wheels obviously). This would have to be a near-break-even proposition, since most of my car resources are going to the S13 right now.

Caveats - not interested in other wheel suggestions. I know where to get Rotas cheap. I like bronze and right now am not thinking about any other colors. No need to answer these questions since I didn't ask them. ;)

TIA

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
C8s are very nice wheels imho. You may be able to find someone that will trade you a set of them for your wheel/tire combo.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
DO IT!!! I recently sold both of my sets of B14 wheels and bought 15" C8's in silver (on my black NX) and Sport Bronze (on my black 92 SE-R). I don't know if you're looking to get the Sport Bronze, but let me tell you, they are unbelievably sexy. They have allot of texture and complexity, you need to see them in real life to appreciate them. I was worried if they would look good, because I bought them online, but I could not be happier with my choice. I'll try and get some pictures later today.

Oh, and I had Azeni's & ES100's on the sets I sold, and now have Azeni's on both sets of C8's.

C

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris, you wouldn't happen to have pics of your black classic with the Sport Bronze wheels on it, would you? If you don't want to post them send them to [email protected]

Thanks for the opinion guys. I think I want to do this but it might not be in the cards in the near future, especially if I put as much moolah into the S13 as I want to :D

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Like I said, I'll try to get some for you later today... unfortunately I'm at work now. :(

C

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chriscar said:
Like I said, I'll try to get some for you later today... unfortunately I'm at work now. :(

C
Doh! I missed that, sorry, I'm usually a much more careful reader. Maybe it's cause I was out 'till all hours playing a gig last night. I'm still recovering... I'll be looking forward to pics!

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
It's not looking good - I might be stuck here until a 5pm conference call, which means I won't get home until it's dark. :MAD:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
i wouldnt mind gettin some c8's in the new sport bronze for my black se-r :D

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Here's the pictures I promised. The camera still doesn't capture the complexity of the colors, but you can get some idea of how they look. Also, the car's been sitting for a few weeks (check out those rusty rotors!) so they're a little dirty. Oh, and both cars had just been up on the jack so they're sitting pretty high since the suspensions hadn't settled back down yet.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Chris: Those are too ****ing sweet! I can't wait to start earning a wage in a few months. I am so going to bite the style and sport a set of Rota's.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the pics Chris, most helpful. BTW, how did you get the center caps on? I thought you had to grind the ends of the axles in front and that no one had gotten them to fit over the brass caps in the back!

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
I think it's only certain Rotas's that have that problem.

C

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

The C8's are definately cool. I like the Longbeach's on the VW too.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Oh yeah, those are the ONLY wheels to get on a MKIV VW. I just saw the new wheels they're putting on GTi's this year, and they suck. They're allot like R32 wheels.

C

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I agree with you, however, we're in the minority. Most people seem to prefer the Monte Carlo's to the Longbeaches. I definately like the 337's Racing Hart's and the 20th's OZ's.

Monte Carlos

Wolfsburg BBS’s

337 RH’s

20th OZ’s

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
I'm not feeling the Monte Carlos. Our previous car was a Galactic Blue / Black interior Wolfsburg, and I loved those wheels too, to bad they didn't come in 17". The 337 wheels are nice, but there's something about them that puts me off, maybe it's the big center cap, seems kind of retro. But those 20th OZ’s are just wrong.

As far as non-VW wheels, Porsche Turbo twists, and TT 225hp wheels are just right.

C

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
^^^ Definately feeling the twists and TT wheels - will post back soon!!!

Polished TT's

Porsche Twists

I'm not sure what I think about Benz AMG wheels. At first I hated them, but now they're not quite as offensive.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I wonder what Kent thinks of what's going on in his thread. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts