SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Am braking i hear metal Rubbing together.Coming from my front driver side brake. Does anyone know what it is. Is it because I have 18 rims on my Car??? Are my Brakes Heat faded?

TurboSentra
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ(not installed), HKS TURBO TIMER(not installed), JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat, 3 in downpipe, HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5,relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls

·
Registered
883 Posts
Sounds like your brake pads are worn completly gone. I would say stop driving, and check it out, then replace them. If that is the problem, you may have grinded the rotors.

------------------
Kris94G20™
87 Pulsar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that mean slotted Rotors. Dame it I need tp find a better job. How can i tell if the rotors still good???

TurboSentra
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ(not installed), HKS TURBO TIMER(not installed), JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat, 3 in downpipe, HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5,relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls

·
Registered
883 Posts
When you go to change the pads, or even look at them, if they have big grooves in them, the are bad. However, this happened to me driving from Texas to Utah. I was able to have them re-surfaced, which lasted awhile until they ended up getting a little warped.

------------------
Kris94G20™
87 Pulsar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thinking of just getting some cross drills for now. Hey do you put the anime stuff on there??? Anyways I didnt hear anything that would tell me they were bad? Does That happen?

TurboSentra

·
Registered
883 Posts
When mine went out, I dindnt hear the little squealer's going off. On my civic, when the brake pads where getting thin, they started to squeak pretty load, but nothing on my G20. I just started to hear grinding. Like the animated stuff huh
Go to this site http://members.tripod.com/smilecwm/ find an icon you want to post. Copy and paste the link next to the icon. Here is an attempt at showing you. Put these [] where these are {}
{img}http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/ut2/Instagib.gif{/img} so in turn, with everything put in correctly, it will end up like this.
Hope I didnt confuse you.

------------------
Kris94G20™
87 Pulsar

·
Registered
858 Posts
ya look at the rotors you don't need to take the wheels off and no grooves should show but you need new pads no doubt.try not to drive it'll only get worse!

·
Registered
858 Posts
also nice "anime"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Richie Soliven

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks Kris
TurboSentra

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
For a little over a week I've been hearing some grinding coming to a stop about 50% of the time, and it was coming from the rear. I ordered some rear brake pads cuz I just assumed they had had it after 49k, so when I go back to change my rims back to real tires and inspect the rear pads, they look great! So what the heck is making this noise? I changed the front pads 4k ago.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
If you hear metal scraping on metal, the rotors are probably grooved badly already. You might be able to get them turned if they aren't too bad.

If you buy new ones, don't waste money on the slotted/drilled rotors. Just get good OE style from Brembo or something.

Matt

·
Registered
858 Posts
dirty pads make grinding sounds like sand or smallrocks in between the rotor and pad. also bad wheel bearings grind usually on turns though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts