SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LIVE IN NEW YORK AND DO YOU GUYS KNOW ANYBODY THAT SELL GOOD DET MOTORS AND COULD INSTALL THEM IM WILLING TO TRAVEL AND IS IT CHEAPER THAN ME BUYING A AFTERMARKET TURBO

G

·
There is a place called 2 Extreme here in Pittsburgh, PA that does DET swaps for around $2200 or so. The number is 412-854-9707 if you are interested.

Matt

·
Registered
92 Posts
Try SKY Performance at 65 Street, between 14 and New Utrecht Ave in Brooklyn (Near B train station). They sell DET and other D16A motors. I think they can install it for you.

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DO YOU HAVE A PHONE NUMBER

G

·
I never asked but I bet they would sell you an engine. Ask for Mark Rozzo and tell him Matt with the blue NX sent you there. Mark has a 12 sec flat SE-R and is very cool and helpfull. He is building a kickass intercooler for me from a Powerstroke diesel

Matt

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Let me get this straight - 2 Extreme will take out my sr20de and drop in an sr20det for $2200? This means they provide the motor, not that I buy a DET and take it to them and they charge $2200 just to put it in?

Secondarily, do they rework the IC to a front-mount location? I know the top-mount that is stock on the DET won't fit right in a classic.

TIA

G

·
Yeah, I'm not 100% sure on the exact price but its around there. I'm not affiliated with the shop in any way so don't quote me saying that is what its going to cost for sure if/when you talk to them.

>>>Let me get this straight - 2 Extreme will take out my sr20de and drop in an sr20det for $2200? This means they provide the motor>>>>

That would be for a stock BB engine with topmount using your existing clutch etc. The top mount works just fine in its stock location. But, if you want you could front mount it like Ben Moses did for $60 in Home Depot parts. I'm sure they could work something out for you.

>>>>Secondarily, do they rework the IC to a front-mount location? I know the top-mount that is stock on the DET won't fit right in a classic.>>>>>>

To tell you the truth its really not that hard to swap it yourself. I did and others have done it and never swapped an engine before. The toughest part for me has been the intercooler and plumbing fabrication, I'm still working on it. I think that the plan I came up with will work out pretty well though. If I had a welder and could weld it would have been running a while ago.

Matt

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
My father does DET swaps and sr20 conversions and were from Brooklyn New York.
We can get you a det also from our engine dealer. E-mail me @ [email protected]

Check out some of our work at:
HTML:
http://paradiseracing.homestead.com/home.html
(the site hasn't been updated in almost a year, been too busy).

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THE ONLY REASON IM ASKING FOR THE SWAP AND THE INSTALL IS BECAUSE:

IF I BUY THE MOTOR SEPARTE I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT QUALITY ISSUE

I HEARD OF GUYS WHO BOUGHT DETS FROM SHOPS AND WENT TO A PLACE TO GET IT INSTALL AND THE MOTOR DIDN'T WORK MISSING PARTS BROKEN PARTS

I FIGURE THAT IF A SHOP GOING TO SELL ME A MOTOR ITS IN THE SHOP BEST INTERST TO MAKE SURE THE MOTOR WORKS FOR HE BE THE ONE TO INSTALL IT

AND HE CAN'T PUT BLAME TO ME IF SOMETHING DON'T WORK I BOUGHT THE MOTOR FROM THE SHOP AND ASKING THE SHOP TO INSTALL WHO CAN HE BLAME? BUT HIMSELF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts