SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all......I'm new to the SR20 world and need help sourcing a engine that will work for a FWD Pulsar.

I am wanting to swap the GA16 out of a N14 Pulsar for a SR20.......but I have never heard of a factory FWD SR20DET powered car to rip the engine and box from?, Surely there must be one I am unaware of? Otherwise is there a suitable FWD box I can mate to a RWD or AWD SR20DET.

Also, I recently learnt that the bluebird can turbo.....but was this only in AWD or is did it come in FWD also?

Thanks heaps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sr20det comes from the awd version when i bought mine. It had the awd but i used the stock one that came with my 95 200 sx ser Transmission is interchangeable. I used the same factory harness from the 95 200 sx ser chassis with at the time a jwt reflashed ecu and since have gone to full aem standalone. Im actually looking at selling my entire car asking 3k for it has running ac. Motor is fully built sr20det bluebird with aftermarket gt2871r turbo 720cc injectors, aftermarket intercooler, and many other items car is located in tampa, fl. I dont feel like parting it out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sr20det comes from the awd version when i bought mine. It had the awd but i used the stock one that came with my 95 200 sx ser Transmission is interchangeable. I used the same factory harness from the 95 200 sx ser chassis with at the time a jwt reflashed ecu and since have gone to full aem standalone. Im actually looking at selling my entire car asking 3k for it has running ac. Motor is fully built sr20det bluebird with aftermarket gt2871r turbo 720cc injectors, aftermarket intercooler, and many other items car is located in tampa, fl. I dont feel like parting it out
So if I want a fwd SR20DET I'm gonna need a awd engine and mate it to a fwd gearbox? Will SR16/20 VE hold up with the power of the SR20DET? And will it bolt right up?

Sorry I'm from a different country, can't buy off ya

·
Registered
4 Posts
The gear box will hold the power i ended up having to upgrade the axels. It depends on how much hp u want to make but stock will not be an issue. There is a lot of work involved regardless. Gtir motor or bluebird. You will need to convert from top mount intercooler to front mount all the IC piping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gear box will hold the power i ended up having to upgrade the axels. It depends on how much hp u want to make but stock will not be an issue. There is a lot of work involved regardless. Gtir motor or bluebird. You will need to convert from top mount intercooler to front mount all the IC piping.
Will a RWD SR20DET not mate with a FWD box?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts