SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, are the 95-97 ECUs the same? Would it be silly to limit my search to just a 97 ECU?

Anyone know anyone else who has one for sale? Even if I wanted to use my 98 ECU for JWT to modify and leave my car down they couldn't. So I will need a 97 (if not 95-97) ECU. Where would you look? Just general junkyards? Any other sources?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answered my question in the archives. 95-97 ECUs are the same. :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey cool! This gets better and better! :) :) :)

So it'll be like $500 for the ECU and another $100 for the turbo programming? Is that about how much I should expect?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
If you send them your ECU it will be $595 all together. If you buy someones 97 JWT programed ECU it will cost $100 to reprogram it.

Mike

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And again that's a 95-97 JWT redone ECU, not just a 97, correct?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Yup.... if you buy someone's 95-97 ECU *that has arlready been programed by JWT* it will cost $100 to have it reprogramed.

If you send them your 98 ecu it will cost $595 and they will send you a 97 *reprogramed* ecu.

Are you going to change you injectors? I think the stock DE's will only handle 5-6 psi. Not sure but Thats why I think JWT only programed the 99 G20 turbo(in SCC) with no IC and stock injectors to boost 6psi.

Check into that.

Mike

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup. Mike Jez is giving me his 370cc injectors too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts