SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NX Lightweight Not SE-R
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
It's a stupid question, yes, but I wanna know. Do you just leave um on your garge floor? My car is way less than stock. Was there a sleeve or something for the things?
Gratci,
jere

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
i found a couple of bag looking things under my spare tire a week or so ago and im positive it goes in there lol...

·
getting close
2,002 Posts
I sometimes put mine in the bags, but usually i am lazy and just put them in the back seat. I think nissan should have made a stronger rear deck and made a spot on top of that to put them in or on.

Later,Jon

·
Registered
617 Posts
NX's come with two vinyl bags to stash the 'tops in, and there should be some straps with clips coming through the base board in your trunk - these straps tie down the t-tops to the bottom of the trunk to avoid them sliding all over the place.

It works quite well - as long as your car still has all these bits with it I suppose!

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
If I'm going out for a cruise, I'll put them in the garage, but if I take them off "en route" I toss them in the back seat

·
Registered
186 Posts
yea there is a strap rihgt in the middle of ur trunk like a 300zx u just put high and low edges oppisite each othr and strap down. thats where i put mine if im going for a cruise cause where i live it can rain intentaeneously but if i take em off while driving i put em in "backseat"

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I dont have a back seat anymore, but I left the straps in there in the back...so I put em in the t-top bag I just bought and strap em down tight

Josh

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you have the bags and straps, it's worth the extra time to use them. The t-tops will have a much longer lifespan. Having said that, we hit around 60-degrees in Jersey yesterday and I took the t-tops off and put them in the garage :).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well i used to put them into the Vynal bags, and chucked them in the boot, but then i got subs put in there, now i just chuck them on the back seat... i can't leave them in the Garage here in Aus, the weather changes every friggen 5 minutes which sucks!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Used to put them in the back seats until I took the back seats out, now I guess its the garage work table.

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
mine are left on the ground in front of the house when i go somewhere but if im out and then decide to take them off/ on a road trip i put them ontop of the spare tire and strap them down, i speed way to much to have loose things laying around.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
I have a lot of crap in the trunk, 2 ton jack, 2 tool boxes, bag of misc. stuff, and a work mat. But they somehow fit perfectly in there, like a puzzle :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
i have a single 10" sub so i put the sub on one side of the trunk and the tops on the other. one lies flat and the other is upside down

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
I put mine in the vinyl bags, and then strap them down in the back. Works perfectly, they never budge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts