SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
slave to the grind
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant make the 2010 but want to make the 2011 ....will have my wagon ready might even have it gtir powered and awd...if not it will be rolling in n/a 4wd goodness.....are there any ideas for it yet?

·
slave to the grind
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool!

·
Female enthusiast
4,024 Posts
so is LimeRock a possibility?

Watkins Glenn?

Beaverun?

I'll have to pay attention to exactly when and where to see if it is feasible for us to attend or not.

·
Mr. Grumpypants
1,277 Posts
Limerock is ridiculously expensive and ridiculously pretentious. I hate that track. I wouldn't entertain it if it WASN'T as expensive as it is. Back when it was cheap in 2001 I got a quote of $25,000 for a Friday. No thanks. Especially when you're fairly limited to the number of cars they allow on track

Watkins Glen? Are you kidding? In 2001 I got a quote of $30k for a Friday and it's gone up exponentially since then. I'd expect it to be $40-$45k for 2011. Not an option unless everyone coming was willing to pay $300-$500 for the day. Yeah, I know you would be how many others? 10, 15, MAYBE 20? 20 people at $500 a day equals $10k. Oops, we need another 70 drivers willing to pay $500! No big deal, we'll just charge $2,250 for the day. What's that? 15 of our 20 drivers can't afford $2,250 for a track event?

Beaverun is too far from the organizers.

It will be at Pocono, Monticello, or NJMP. Before everyone starts, STOP with the whining of it being here there or wherever because we're NOT catering to the whiners. If you have a legitimate gripe, send me a PM or e-mail and we'll address it. I WILL NOT respond to whiners:

- wanting a convention in their backyard but willing to do ZERO to help facilitate it
- wanting to suggest a track that makes absolutely no sense (not zeroing in on you chris)
- wanting a convention here there or the other place but have absolutely NO plans to show up or buy raffle tickets or support it in any way
- wanting to whine just for the sake of whining

Stay tuned, we'll announce plans as soon as we have something and we'll be marketing the sh*t out of this. The SE-Rs better watch out because they're not the only game in town. I have a feeling that there may be another model Nissan or Infiniti that will be better represented at the 2011 convention

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Kieran,

Let me know when you're ready, and I'll create the 2011 Convention section.

C

·
Female enthusiast
4,024 Posts
Gluck with the planning. I know it isn't easy putting on an event like this!

I'll be watching for dates and details and see if it something we can do for 2011 or wait again to see if 2012 the next possibility for us.

·
squaadd up!
262 Posts
I vote monticello..lol I have alotta friends that work there and I hear nothing but great things!

·
slave to the grind
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The SE-Rs better watch out because they're not the only game in town. I have a feeling that there may be another model Nissan or Infiniti that will be better represented at the 2011 convention
i should be sporting a gti-r powered 87 nissan wagon!that is AWD-T for those that doent know!......... thinking that is "another nissan model that will be better representing".....lol

·
Enjoying the Ride
2,127 Posts

·
Is that wrong??
2,118 Posts
it's going to be a long drive for me next year, but I'm hopeful to make it.. we'll see what life brings me in 2011..

·
Mr. Grumpypants
1,277 Posts
I don't live online like some of the rest of you guys Joe! :p

I'll let you know if we need anything. We will definitely be looking for volunteers in various capacities and we'll advertise that as soon as we're set up. The more help we get, the better able EVERYONE will be to have a great time :)

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
BIG summit, please. Jefferson Circuit is just a wee bit short.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.