SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been saving up little by little and when I get my paycheck on the 20th, I should have enough to buy a Hotshot header at last. I was looking at the "How much have YOU spent on YOUR car" topic and people list their headers in the range of about $350 - $450. I went to a local motorsports a while back and they quoted me over $500!

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust
http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
You have mail...

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,GReddy Catback, ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

G

·
0 Posts
I am in the same boat--I see people saying they paid less than 500 for their headers--and my local speed shop wanted 529 for a gen 4 hot shot for my 93 se-r/ I said--oh--I will install it myself--I just want to buy it and he started laughing--he said that WAS just the header--he tols me I should have bought a honda if I wanted a cheap header--jerks!!

If anyone knows where I can get one cheaper online or in person--or even used--please drop me a line

Mark

[email protected]

------------------
93 se-r
so stock--it is scary

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by massclassic:
I am in the same boat--I see people saying they paid less than 500 for their headers--and my local speed shop wanted 529 for a gen 4 hot shot for my 93 se-r/ I said--oh--I will install it myself--I just want to buy it and he started laughing--he said that WAS just the header--he tols me I should have bought a honda if I wanted a cheap header--jerks!!

If anyone knows where I can get one cheaper online or in person--or even used--please drop me a line

Mark

[email protected]

</font>
All kidding aside, he is right, There are tons of cheap headers for Hondas. But cheap in Quality as well.

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
You have mail....

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,GReddy Catback, ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

G

·
0 Posts
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!! E-mail me the info--I am ready to buy now--as long as it is less than the 475 I was quoted--and that was the lowest!

mark

------------------
93 se-r
so stock--it is scary

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
I don't want to spam the board, so if you would like the phone number please e-mail me privately....my addy is [email protected]

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well, they are kind of shadey when it comes to their business doings. They're selling the header at a price that I'm sure would make a lot of other merchants and Hotshot very upset. They arent reliable on anything you have to order. These are my opinions, so your results may vary.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
All kidding aside, he is right, There are tons of cheap headers for Hondas. But cheap in Quality as well.

</font>
Have you guy's seen the price for a GOOD Honda header. One that actually gains hp. $800 bucks plus. The Toda head a guy I know just bought was $1200 f*cking dollars. Tuning a Honda for hp cost major money. Dyno tuning is always needed to get the max amount of power from most any mod.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fred99sr20:
Sorry to get off the subject, but do you guys know where I can get AEBS headers for a decent price?!? Thanks...

</font>
From Group 5 Motorsports. Commonly known as AEBS.
I bought mine direct for $425 shipped.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

1 - 20 of 34 Posts