SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys--got my zex kit in the mail today--my friend is installing it next monday for me---where can I fill the tank so we can ---ahhh---ahhh check for leaks? :^)

mark
ALSO--I am assuming since you are reading this you are from the area---I am heading up to NED in NH if anyone wants to come along and caravan

------------------
93 se-r
so stock--it is scary

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Whats up, I think Matt hunt can direct you where to fill the tank. I'm buying his nitrous kit off him at the boston SE-r meet this weekend. What day are you heading to NED? I am probably going next week as well.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
My suggestion is (if you're going to get serious about nitrous --- um, RYAN) to "pour your own". I just purchased a transfer line kit from NOS, which will enable me to fill my own nitrous bottle from a big 'mother' bottle.

As far as I can tell, ANYBODY can buy Nytrous+ (the nitrous we use, with sulphur dioxide added to it so we won't go around huffing it).

I've been paying anywhere from $3-4 per pound ($30-40 per fill up) in the past.

I just bought a 56 lb industrial bottle for $70 from a local gas supplier. That's about $1.20 per pound!

Just a suggestion you may want to look into...

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
****, thats an awesome idea. Now if only my parents knew I was getting nitrous. Maybe once they find out they'll let me keep a 56lb bottle in the garage.

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Ryan;

The transfer line kit is about $60. The bottle stand for the big bottle is about $80.

That opens you up to being able to buy your own nitrous at bargain-basement prices (see $1.20 per pound, above).

Trans-filling is simply cooling the receiving bottle and using physics (high pressure-low pressure) to do the fill. I don't know why, but it seems that every time I've gotten a fill doing it that way, that the nitrous hit is just 'better'.

Can't describe it any better than that.

FWIW: Consider using somebody else's place to store the 'big' bottle. I did.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Good idea. I know a few guys in the area who use nitrous and maybe we can use one of their places. I think my garage has the room. We'll see. I think my friend has a hookup where I can get nitrous cheap.(Not 3.50lb that speed shops charge) Gotta install this. I can't wait

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts