SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the T25, 370cc injectors, JWT ECU, stock fuel pump, stock MAF, stock fuel rail. Regardless if I go T28 or T3/T04E I would have to get the MSD 50lb/hr injectors, Cobra MAF, upgraded fuel pump, JWT fuel rail, and pay the $100 to get my JWT ECU reprogrammed. First question:

1. How much are each of these items and where can I find good prices on them?

Second question is:

2. If I have to have the same expense on the whole fuel system to upgrade at all, then why bother with a T28? How much more is a T3/T04E and FMAX manifold than a T28 with a NISMO manifold? I would like either of these turbos to be ball bearing.

I'd probably want to get the FMAX front mount and IC piping as well.

Third question:

3. Would it be less expensive to just get the FMAX kit less the JWT ECU than get all the parts I need separately?

Basically why I'm looking at doing this sometime is that #1 I know what I'm doing with this whole turbo thing now and #2 my turbo compressor puts out oil into the IC pipes in such a way that Kojima said my turbo definitely wasn't holding oil like new, but it wasn't ready to blow it's seals quite yet either. So basically my T25 is over the hill and will die some time in the future. Probably not soon, but not a hugely long time from now.

And I expect BIG discussion on this one.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cheapest way to upgrade:
1-Cobra MAF: get it from autopartsexpress.com, they sell it for $112.03 plus shipping. The part # is 57886. The connector for the MAF you can get it from any ford dealer it should'nt cost more than $15.00.
2-MSD 50 Lbs injectors, custom fuel rail and walbro fuel pump you can get them from FTF motor sports, [email protected] can get you the best price on this stuff. I bought my MSD injectors and rail from him.
Hope this helps.
Hector Firpo

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now what's up with this custom fuel rail versus the JWT one? How do I know if I will get the flow necessary or whatever? How do I know that this custom one would be better/worse/equal to the JWT one? Maybe just the inner diameter of the rail tells this story?

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
I know that the Fmax kit costs about $4500-5000 w/o install(u would be doing the install anyway). Thats with the ECU. So toss out $500, but add $100 for the reprogram. Now your at about $4100 for the kit. I don't know the prices for the T28 w/ the Nismo manifold, but that seems like a waste of money to my anyway. It just seems like it would make more sense to go with the t3/t04e. The T28 doesn't go much further than the T25 whereas you can push the t3/t04e much more. Now saying you got most of the parts from the SE-R.net classifieds you could probrably go much cheaper than the Fmax kit. The following parts I found on SE-R.net for the upgrade you want:

- 300ZXTT fuel pump: $100.00 + shiping
- T3/T04E turbo: $420. + shipping

Some parts new from the manufacturer:

- Fmax FMIC: $625.00(from Fmax)
- 50lb MSD injectors: $100 each(from JWT)
- Custom Fuel Rail: $225(from JWT)
- Cobra MAF w/harness adapter: $250(from JWT)
- JWT ECU reprogram: $100

So thats a total of: $2120 + shipping. I have no idea what the price is for the IC piping but you could probrably fabricate some of your own in no time. Anyways that price is approx. a whole 2k less than buying a whole new Fmax kit. Of course there is some other things not included like the BOV, wastegate, etc. I think its basically up to you. You've already been through the hastle of building up a completely custom kit. What it all comes down to is whether or not you feel like doing it again. Right now im trying to build up a kit similar to yours, so my outlook to where your at is way far ahead of me. Just figured I would throw in my $.02. Good luck Ben and keep us posted. You've been a big help to me in my choice of which way to go. Thanks!(PS: sorry for the long post
)

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ben you can contact Terry @ FTF motorsports he can provide you pics of the fuel rail and give you the specs on it. The one that I got is almost identical to JWT one.
HF

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I think fmax only subtracts something like $100 if you already had the ecu. When I was getting quotes for rthe kit, taking the intercooler piping off the cost only subtracted something like $100.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by david:
I think fmax only subtracts something like $100 if you already had the ecu. When I was getting quotes for rthe kit, taking the intercooler piping off the cost only subtracted something like $100.
</font>
What!!! Thats BS man! The ECU is a $500 peice and they only subtract $100. That really sucks...

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked Terry Vincent to respond to this thread. I think he got confused and responded to me in email. Here's what he said:

"- 300ZXTT fuel pump: $100.00 + shiping(used)

- T3/T04E turbo: $420. + shipping

Some parts new from the manufacturer:

- Fmax FMIC: $625.00(from Fmax)....Good price
- 50lb MSD injectors: $100 each(from JWT)
- Custom Fuel Rail: $225(from JWT)
- Cobra MAF w/harness adapter: $250(from JWT)
- JWT ECU reprogram: $100

So thats a total of: $2120 + shipping.

I can do a complete fuel package deal for $555 shipped. It includes: FTF
Custom rail kit, 4-50lb injectors, and a 255lph Walbro Direct drop in fuel
pump.
thats a savings of $170+shipping. (over the items above in red)"

[This message has been edited by Ben98SentraSE (edited 06-04-2001).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, guess borgesian got the same email I did

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
No way man! I sat there and figured that out for myself! O'well

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hey Ben if ur still looking for an intercooler they have two of them on sale at ebay...one is the apexi silvia one for 335 brand new rite now and on spearco the is 24.5*8*3.5 for 305...these are great prices just type in intercooler as ur search look near the end of the page.

G

·
I can do a complete fuel package deal for $555 shipped. It includes: FTF Custom rail kit, 4-50lb injectors, and a 255lph Walbro for the B13 or B14 Direct drop in fuel pump.
Terry Vincent
First To Finish Motorsports
www.ftfmotorsports.com

G

·
I noticed a couple comments about a custom fuel rail that uses nothing but the brackets when mounted to keep the injectors in place.
I wanted to point out that the FTF Motorsports rail uses an injector clip that holds the injector in place. I tested these to a pressure of 120psi(air) and had no leaks.
Terry Vincent

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
I noticed a couple comments about a custom fuel rail that uses nothing but the brackets when mounted to keep the injectors in place.
I wanted to point out that the FTF Motorsports rail uses an injector clip that holds the injector in place. I tested these to a pressure of 120psi(air) and had no leaks.
Terry Vincent
</font>
That is good to know, Thanks Terry, lord knows my injector have leaked from time to time what a PIA.

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
You want to know my personal opinion of what you should do is...(again I say my usual saying "opinions are like ass holes everyone has one and they all stink"). I would get a proper front mount something moderatly sized to help cool things but not too big to have to cut too much more. Get that outlet turned ~170degrees. Then proper pipeing not something totaly ghettoed. Get real pipes and silcone coupleings. Then maybe a tranny with a LSD. I wouldnt go too much bigger on anything you have...IMHO. Youve got a fast car and its still streetable. Not only streetable able to be driven by Wendy. Clean up the install a bit and make it totaly bullet proof and I think you are good to go. Thats my opinion tho...

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Get the FM ic setup good. Buy the big honking turbo. Get a GTI-R manifold. Modify the GTI-R manifold to axcept the big honking turbo. Get the msd injectors,fuel pump,cobra maf and go have some fun. Those are my plans.. err I'm mean that is what you should do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts