SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a hypothetical situation for everyone:

Say you were able to choose right now between having a 240SX or NX2000. Assume that both cars are moderately built and have the same WHP to weight ratios. Not worrying about the whole engine debate since that is covered a million times at least.

You would be spending about 90% of the time driving in the car on the regular road. The other 10% would be just having fun at an autocross or drag strip, again just having fun, not worrying about being too competitive. Mostly this is just a fun weekend car that you could enjoy hopping into and driving around town or to the beach.

Which would you go with?

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
I'd take the 240 overall. You're not too specific on which 240.

S14, sure, especially kouki. S13, only as coupe, I'm sick of the fastback. I might be tempted into the convertible S13 too if it were up against an NX.

I've always wanted a T-top NX2000 though, they're such fun little cars.

Anyway, for fun and DD, most likely NX2000 or S13 convertible. For a moderate to large build where I'm actually worried about what it's putting down, S13 coupe or Kouki S14.

·
SE-R Brokanic
232 Posts
since you said 90% street driving, I'd go ahead and say NX2000. The maneuverability and tossability of the B13 chassis in street driving is what I really like. The gearing of the B13 SE-R/NX is also very optimal for spirited driving around town while having fun on the weekends at the drags/autoX. Drive em both, that's the only way to truly know.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
i would go far a 240. reason is because there are so many options and when it comes down to swapping out the motor like det, rb26, even 2jz and V8.

·
Do Work!
222 Posts
EGG all the way. Maybe if the 240 came with an SR...or even a CA..

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would go for a 240sx, but I can't seem to find very many around here.

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
i will only own a 240sx as long as i also have an se-r.

·
I cruise @ your top speed
1,513 Posts
NX2000.

I have owed both a 240 and an NX. I love when not alot of people know what my NX is. Eevryone expects a 240 to be fast...not an NX;)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
NX2000 all the way...too much 240 hype right now. Def a dope car, dont get me wrong, but so many people have one. I love the fact that people give you that look like "WTF" when your mobbin in the egg with the tops off :D did I forget to mention the "fun factor"? lets just say, you wont be disappointed :biggthump No room for passengers in the back, but who cares

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
I would go with an S14 240, because I would want to do an RB26 swap.
AH the normal 240sx tool bag saying............know how much money you will need to do this little number? first figure about 7-8G's for a clean s14 depending on where you live. now yo need to buy an RB26DeTT....how much do these go for now? around $3-4g's? now you need to hunt for a few months to a year trying to find JUST an RB25DETT transmision........but you will most likely end up having to buy the entire RB25DETT engine and tranny. say another $2-3G's? now you will need to wire the car or have one of those places online do it.....$400? now you need tires and wheels manly enough to handle to crazy power. suspension that wont slam the rear of the car on its bump stops everytime you launch.

if i get a 240sx. it will be an s13 notch back. and i will be getting an RB20DET.........whats cooler than a 2.0l inline six?;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts