SR20 Forum banner

which car

448 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  eviljosh 
#1 ·
Okay I have a 95 200sx se-r but I'm not sure if I want to spend the money to mod it (FWD). I'm thinking of buying one of the following: eclipse GSX, 240sx,WRX, or maybe 300zx 2+2 ( I have kids). What do you guys think would be the best to mod, most potential?

#2 ·
flatblk200 said:
Okay I have a 95 200sx se-r but I'm not sure if I want to spend the money to mod it (FWD). I'm thinking of buying one of the following: eclipse GSX, 240sx,WRX, or maybe 300zx 2+2 ( I have kids). What do you guys think would be the best to mod, most potential?
Ok, well it all depends on whether you plan on keeping it as a daily driver. The DSM, or Eclipse GSX in normal ppls terms will give you the best bang for your buck performancewise, but they aren't reliable cars as a daily driver unless you have a couple of em. The 240sx is a very nice car, but last I heard there was only one company making a turbo kit for the stock engine, otherwise you are going to have to do an SR20DET swap in there, which will cost you a couple grand. The WRX is a nice car if you are willing to shell out the money being that this will cost you a bunch more than your other options before you have any mods in it. The 300zx is a nice car too, but they are tough to find as a turbo car, and they are usually expensive, plus if you stick with the twin turbo setup, that means you have to buy 2 turbos when you upgrade instead of one like you would with all the other 4 cylinder choices. I'd say that your best bet would be to keep the SE-R as a reliable daily driver, then look for 90-94 Eagle Talon TSI AWD, Eclipse GSX, or the rare Galant VR-4 which was only made in very limited numbers in the early nineties, but is a full four door and makes a very nice sleeper car with AWD, turbo, and 4 Wheel Steering that you can still have plenty of back seat room for the kids.

Eviljosh
93 SE-R

#5 ·
flatblk200 said:
thanks for the info eviljosh. Whatever I decide, it will be a daily driver or atleast reliable enough to be driving daily. About the GSX are you refering to "crank walk" as far as reliability
Well crank walk is just a part of it, whenever you deal with a motor that has alot of things going on inside, the more complex it is, the more likely it is that something will go wrong. I used to have an AWD Talon myself, and I loved that car to death. I bought my SE-R now because of one of the guys who was in my DSM club who had an SE-R as his reliable daily driver, and an Eclipse GSX as his fun track car. From my personal experiences with my DSM, I can understand where he was coming from. My best advice would be to keep your SE-R, and get yourself an early 90's DSM if you want a really fast fun car.

Eviljosh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.