SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like my engine blew a head gasket, and I was just wondering which head-gasket would be good to use, I was thinking about building up the engine for a turbo engine, I wanna use the best head-gasket I can get, so I don't have to worry about it later, you guys have any ideas?

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
you would be better off ging with the factory..... figure a factory one is good for over 20psi of boost.... If you are going higher than that then a meatl one would be better tan the copper since the copper ones arent known for sealing all that well. There is the slim chance you might need to resurface the deck as well.....

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RacerX said:
you would be better off ging with the factory..... figure a factory one is good for over 20psi of boost.... If you are going higher than that then a meatl one would be better tan the copper since the copper ones arent known for sealing all that well. There is the slim chance you might need to resurface the deck as well.....
Is the deck the head or the block? What kind of head-gaskets are good for boost over 20psi? So the copper one won't seal very well? They won't hold boost?

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
I used a GReddy metal head gasket for my SR20. I got it from JWT. I plan on going over 20 psi of boost too, though. We had zero sealing problems with it, it sealed tight as a drum. If you're not going to be over 20 psi, I'd say just use a new stock head gasket, that should work fine.

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zak91SER said:
I used a GReddy metal head gasket for my SR20. I got it from JWT. I plan on going over 20 psi of boost too, though. We had zero sealing problems with it, it sealed tight as a drum. If you're not going to be over 20 psi, I'd say just use a new stock head gasket, that should work fine.
How much did that one cost??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts