SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I currently own a 1st or 2nd generation Stillen header on my 99 SE-L. It got cracked (accident) and now I need another one. Which one should I go with? My 1st thought was the Hotshot. Then I figured I would ask the board. Maybe Stillen again, AEBS? Reccomendatoins and opinions please!

·
Registered
254 Posts
This topic comes up every month or two. In fact, it was covered less than a month ago. Please check back in the postings for multiple opinions. Also, don't forget to reference the SCC Header comparo mentioned in the posts.

Then you will have both fact AND opinion.

CB

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well I dont want to sound like an ass here. But the ability to ask questions like that is part of the reason this board is here. If we kept saying its been discussed check the archives, we would turn into the list. Which isnt a total bad thing, but half the reason Ben started this place was for newbies that get turned off to the list. Yes its a common question, then it should be an easy find, point the person in the right direction.

As for header there are multiple posts on it, but it has kinda came down to two. Hotshot or AEBS. Its all about personal preference. Only thing is the Hotshot is hard to come by.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I decided to go with the hotshot header. (got a good deal on it) and everyone seems to agree that it is pretty darn good. Now for header install #2. My Stillen header didn't want to go on. We ended up taking a 2x4 and a mallet to get it over the studs. Now that I think about it, I can hardly believe that the studs didn't break!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am not being rude. I am stating that there is a LOT of information in previous posts (opinion and fact), and that they are a good reference.

I am also pointing out that facts and opinions do not always line up.

To tell someone not to perform a particular mod may be misleading. Pointing out that the install is more involved than another alternative is more precise. I agree that the AEBS takes more effort than the Hotshot to install, and I will gladly tell anyone who asks (as I have). But I will not try to deter them from either decision - I just want them to make the most informed decision possible.

I was a newbie once, and still am in some regards. I had no idea how much info I was missing until someone mentioned that I should check backposts.

If I offended you, 4DR SE R, my apologies. My post was quick and concise, as I did not have the time to go into all the details from posts past. Congratulations on your new header - I hope you are well pleased.

CB

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem! (I didn't think anything of it to begin with.) I got the header for $390 plus shipping and handling. Ended up being about $437 total. It isn't as good as my $100 Stillen header (bought used) but what do you want, eh?

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ser_200sx:
Dont go with the AEBS if you are going to be installing it yourself. I would go with the Hotshots.

</font>
hehehehe.... it was a royal PITA wasnt it Marc?!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bowlcut, you are the anti-George Roffe, indeed! i applaud your candor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts