SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas!!!
My wife is getting me a present and I want it to be an intake. Im just so confused on which one to get!!!! there are so many and so many brands!!! I would prefer a CAI.
Please help!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
Registered
756 Posts
Place Racing and Hotshot make a very good CAI. My experience is with the PR, the fit is kinda weird, so maybe the HS is better.

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
If you email me I can have Andreas Miko make you one. Or I can just put you in touch with him. One of the main differences is that the CAI from Place is made of ceramic coated steel if I am not mistaken. We made mine from aluminum. I will try and post some pics when I get home. I could be wrong about the CAI from Place being made from steel, someone please correct me if I am wrong. Nevertheless it is an excellent upgrade and the people at TPR offer very prompt service. I had it in my car at first and later switched to Andreas custom intake. I will note that we switched only as an experiment and I was very happy with both of them. One advantage of the aluminum is that it tends not to get "heat soaked" in stop and go traffic. Either way you will have to do a little cutting and the Place intake provides you with pretty detailed instructions on installation. Hope this helps!

------------------
98 200SX SE-R custom cold air by Andreas, AEBS header, Greedy exhaust, JWT motor mounts, UR pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve springs and titanium retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters flywheel,Sprint spring/AGX combo, no cat, custom JWT computer w/cam program, Bored airflow meter, and a best ET of 14.78 @94.8mph on street tires with full interior and no limited slip diff!

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I love my hotshot. Install isn't too hard and the fit is great. I've heard a few grips about the fitment of the Place CAI.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Ok heres the one problem I've found with my HS CAI:

Rust on the filter.

The filters are different between the HS and PR models. The PR filter has a closed bottom made with plastic. THe HS is an open bottom WITH METAL around the edge. Mine has rusted slightly, but I also live in PA where they use a ton of road salt in the winter.

The HS did fit better though. I had a PR on my classic last year.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ goodies
15.1 @ 90mph at Englishtown, NJ

·
Registered
705 Posts
No fitment problems with my PR CAI. And for some of you this really bothers me.....The name of the company is Place Racing, not The Place Racing! You have a PR CAI, not a TPR CAI. Sorry, that just really annoys me and i want to clear it up
Maybe i should post about this in the general forum too, lol.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
303 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RPWSER:
Sorry, that just really annoys me and i want to clear it up
Maybe i should post about this in the general forum too, lol.
</font>
maybe. you want some cheese with that whine too? ya big crybaby.

------------------
Jon - '95 G20t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts