SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions?

BTW I need a battery that will crank in the cold and not lose charge - I realize that Ohio is not the arctic, but it does drop to single digits for a bit most winters...
------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
HS CAI, STB, NX console, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

[This message has been edited by Stine (edited 10-04-2001).]

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have heard that a MATSCO? spelling? Is durable as hell and very light.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, 91 Cams, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stine:
Opinions?

BTW I need a battery that will crank in the cold and not lose charge - I realize that Ohio is not the arctic, but it does drop to single digits for a bit most winters...
</font>
Only herd good things about OPTIMA...they re-charge themselves or something? Crazy...gel-cell...if you puncture...it still works...??

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah, thats the one, Westco, not matsco. Man I must have been on drugs when I tried to remember that name!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 91 Cams, NOS 50 Shot, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Uhhh...so no one thinks the Optima battery is good? Even though it will outlast most batterys on the market?!

------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SENTRASER:
Uhhh...so no one thinks the Optima battery is good? Even though it will outlast most batterys on the market?!
</font>
The Optima battery is really good... It's just not light... And so if you're looking for a lightweight battery, then the Optima battery isn't what you want. The WestCo is pretty small. Here's a link.

http://www.westcobattery.com/pages/products.asp?id=11

It was made for the Miata, but that doesn't mean you can't use it.

There's an even lighter battery... It's called the Dyna-batt. Here's a link:

http://www.performancedistributors.com/batteries.htm

--Andrew Phan

·
Registered
486 Posts
speaking of batteries, i know on the scc se-r they put the battery in the trunk, for the cai to fit, what do you need to do this and how tough is it?

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
I am running the Westco Battery mentioned above and I also bought the westco battery box from www.nissport.com and they work great. I have it mounted in the trunk on its side. It is about 22 lb.s or so and pretty small. I also live in Northern Michigan and the battery sat all winter while I worked on my car (December thru Now) and i just checked the battery last weekend and it was perfect.

You don't need a part number for the Westco Miata battery, it is a special battery that westco makes.

Brent

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
What about the Dyna-batt? Is it reliable as well?

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Holy crap this is an old post. I went with Optima, deciding that for a street car a lightweight battery is overrated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts