SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
a real egg-head
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, which spring is the front and which is the back?

also, it looks like the bottom spring (i think its the front one) doesnt matter which way its installed, but the top spring (i think the rear) has more coils at one end.

so basically, which end is the top and what spring is what?!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
the one on top goes in the front.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
and the part with more coils goes on top.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
they are progressive coils. two different spring rates, trust me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
on my car im pretty sure the one on top went on the back...

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
well then my ST springs are backwards. oops I guess I gots a project for today. lol

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse, but the Prokits definitely have the Linear ones (the bottom springs in the pic) up front and the progressives in the rear.

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
NismoSER said:
Not to beat a dead horse, but the Prokits definitely have the Linear ones (the bottom springs in the pic) up front and the progressives in the rear.
Yup I just finished installing my Eibachs on my G20 and you are correct. The top ones go in the rear with the tighter coils on the top and the bottom goes in the front.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
oh mine are on right I just must be getting old and the memory is going. I was just wrong. :) sorry

·
boosting
1,454 Posts
nx2000racer said:
good thing i asked :D
haha, I thought the same thing as you, I bought them used and when I got them on I was a bit dissapointed, which I would have had the patience to ask, ended having to do it all over again the next day, that was a lot of fun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts