SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone-
I am in the process of getting a new set of wheels. I have a few different ones in mind! I need your guys' help to decide on which ones to go with. The car is a White 1992 Sentra SE-R that will have a New Carbon Fiber hood on next week so keep in mind the dark hood on an all white car!

Here are the choices:

1. 18x7 Race White Enkei RPO5 (+40 offset)

2. 17x7 White Lenso VPD (+38 offset) [These will match my White Lenso VPD "Tommy Slick" 13x7.5 Slick Wheels]

3. 18x7 White Axis Touring Cup (+42 offset)

4. 18x7.5 Black Opel Konig Imagine (+40 offset)

5. 18x7.5 Black Opel or White Konig Verdict (+45 offset)

6. 18x7.5 White or Gun Metal Tenzo Shu-4 (+42 offset)

7. 18x7.5 White or Gun Metal Tenzo Mean 6 (+42 offset)

8. 18x7.5 White or Gun Metal Tenzo RS-5 (+42 offset)

Let me know what you think!!!!!!!!

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 301.4 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.0 @ 118.77 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Whatever you do, don't get Kosei, or order anything from TireRack.com.

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R
STILLEN Exhaust System
15x7 Kosei K1 Racing Wheels
195/50 15 Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

G

·
0 Posts
Why not whats wrong with TireRack?

Richie Soliven Representing Split Second Racing in Va beach,VA
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ( boosting at 10 psi), HKS TURBO TIMER, JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat(That is hollowed out), 3 in downpipe,300zxTT fuel pump HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5(TRYING TO GET RID OF),relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls, Stillen kit , Carbon Fiber Hood on the way.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey Louis..

Would u consider these?

.:Axis Se7en:.

Available in silver, white, and gm gray.
------------------
Rice...yummy in my tummy

[This message has been edited by CruznSER (edited 04-27-2001).]

·
Registered
166 Posts
get the Konig Imagine you won't be dispointed I just got a set in my work today the are bad azzz now I wish I put these on there hella nice

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Axis Sevens are very nice. I should have listed those, thanks Chris. Actually, I was trying to fit the 18's on the ar and the tire hits the strur with an 18x7.5 wheel and +42 offset. Does anyone know what offset will work in either an 18x7 or 18x7.5???? Thanks for all your input.

Louis

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Tenzo Shu 4 thats what I plan on using they are sweet. By the way damn you get alot of rims LMAO. I still have me stockies
Cause Im a broke bastard. LOL

------------------
Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well to start, the Kosei K1 Racing wheels and Dunlop tires I just bought from TireRack.com cause the steering wheel to vibrate pretty bad at above 55 MPH. The lugs sieze up on the studs, so we have to break the studs to get the wheels off. If I could get the lugs off easily, I'd have the balance checked. Also, on the front, they're wearing on the sides rapidly. They're brand new and were sent mounted and balanced from TireRack.com, so I have no clue what the hell is wrong with them. I NEVER had a problem with my stock wheels and tires. My alignment was checked a week before I had the new tires put on. The alignment was perfect.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TurboSentra:
Why not whats wrong with TireRack?

Richie Soliven Representing Split Second Racing in Va beach,VA
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ( boosting at 10 psi), HKS TURBO TIMER, JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat(That is hollowed out), 3 in downpipe,300zxTT fuel pump HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5(TRYING TO GET RID OF),relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls, Stillen kit , Carbon Fiber Hood on the way.
</font>
------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R
STILLEN Exhaust System
15x7 Kosei K1 Racing Wheels
195/50 15 Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

[This message has been edited by Chris93SER (edited 04-28-2001).]

·
Registered
441 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CruznSER to shed some educational light on this subject:

http://www.usacomp.com/Offset.htm

This may be able to help you grasp the concept of offset.
</font>
I don't know the perfect offset for a 7.5" wide wheel. I have read that good offset for a 7" would be around 35-38.

The first three choices listed on your original post should work.

Thank goodness for the SE-R.net archives .:hint hint:.

Good luck Louis

------------------
Rice...yummy in my tummy

[This message has been edited by CruznSER (edited 04-29-2001).]

·
Registered
441 Posts
Aye TurboSEntRa,

What offset are you running on your 18s? Help us out here my pinoy brotha!

Peace

------------------
Rice...yummy in my tummy

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
no offense, but why do you need wheels that are as tall as the car? 16's will get you off the line better since you don't have to pull the extra weight of 17 and 18 inch wheels. i hate the looks of them on sentra's anyways, just too screwy for my liking.

a set of 16 inch (white) g-racing suzu's would make your car pretty.

------------------

·
Registered
441 Posts
no offense, but why do you need wheels that are as tall as the car?

'Cause he wants to....that's why.

.:No offense:.

------------------
Rice...yummy in my tummy

[This message has been edited by CruznSER (edited 04-29-2001).]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Monsoon:
no offense, but why do you need wheels that are as tall as the car? 16's will get you off the line better since you don't have to pull the extra weight of 17 and 18 inch wheels. i hate the looks of them on sentra's anyways, just too screwy for my liking.
</font>
I am now on my 9th set of 17" wheels. I like big wheels. I don't use the wheels for drag racing or street racing so size doesn't matter. I have slicks for the track. Another thing is, 350 hp to the wheels will easily turn 18's with no problem, believe me!

------------------

349.6 hp & 301.4 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.0 @ 118.77 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20:
Tenzo Shu 4 thats what I plan on using they are sweet. By the way damn you get alot of rims LMAO. I still have me stockies
Cause Im a broke bastard. LOL

</font>

I liked the Shu-4's but they are getting played out! Too many people have them now. I am now considering moving up to some Volks or Racing Harts.

Louis

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> I don't know the perfect offset for a 7.5" wide wheel. I have read that good offset for a 7" would be around 35-38.

The first three choices listed on your original post should work.

Thank goodness for the SE-R.net archives .:hint hint:.

Good luck Louis
</font>

Well, I recently tried on a set of 18x7.5 Racing Harts w/ +42 offset and they rubbed on the rear strut. I have asked serveral different companies which offset would be best and they all say +40 or +42 will work , but they won't on the classic due to the rear strut. I have been trying to figure it out on my own and I think an 18x7 w +35 offset would work perfect. I am now considering staying with 17" wheels because the only 18x7 wheels with that offset are Racing Harts or Volks and we all know how expensive those are, and if I decide to buy them and they are the wrong offset, I am screwed. I guess i will have to do some more research.

------------------

[This message has been edited by APEXSER (edited 04-30-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
personally, i like stuff thats simple and not too big, personally id go for 16's on a classic, but i think se7ens would look good in a 18.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am going to go with 17" wheels again. I am going with either the Tenzo Mean 6 (Gun Metal), Tenzo Shu-4 (Gun Metal), Tenzo RS5 (Gun Metal), or teh Ro-Ja Formula 5 (Gun Metal) if I can ever find out when they will be available. Hopefully, I will have a new set of wheels next week, after I install the Carbon Fiber Hood on my car this weekend.

Louis

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The Sevens are played out I think. I've seen so many sets at shows and at the track. I think big wheels are too much my self. I personally have a set of 16's and i'm content with them. But its totally your preference so good luck with your final decision.

---------------
Peter M.
97 200SX SER
http://photos.yahoo.com/nyceser

1 - 20 of 29 Posts