SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i have question were can i get white face gauges from. and if you know how much is it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I payed 120. for them. Oh what a pain in the AZZ to install hope you are very patient because this takes time to do.I won't do it again...

G

·
I'd have to agree with "91SE-R". I installed NR's white-faced gauges on my '92 SE-R and it was a pain. Take some advice from someone who knows. Read and thoroughly familiarize yourself with every step of the installation. If you know someone who's done it before, have them help you out. Take time out to fill your tank and record where your tach's rpms coincide with your speedometer's mph. If not, your gauges might look great, but they'll be so far off they'll be useless. Don't ask me how I know. Ronald Chong's write-up on se-r.net is invaluable.

Regards,
Humberto Gonzalez
'92 SE-R

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good luck on the installation. I got my White NR guage faces for $119. From my experience if you paint the indicator needles red (looks great!), paint the back and both sides only for best illumination. Do not paint the front side of the needles.

I cheated and paid a professional to install mine. I just do not have time or patience for that kind of job. The install was not cheap, but worth it

Did a very good job....

Good luck and you wil love the results.

------------------
'91 SE-R, Vail White, 5-speed, LSD, Leather-package, Sunroof, Borbet Type H 15"wheels, Z-rated Dunlop SP5000 tires, Blaupunct RDS Nevada 180 watt CD reciever W/4 Blaupunct factory sized speakers, NR Industries White Face guages w/red indicators, body color factory grille. Never had 5th gear pop-out. Babied 104K miles. NEVER abused, wrecked or smoked in.
Web-page http://community.webtv.net/SentraSE-Rman/My1991ClassicSentra/

[This message has been edited by 91ClassicSE-R (edited 05-13-2001).]

·
Registered
194 Posts
you could try importintelligence.com, its an overlay for like 25 bucks or something, as from the pictures i've seen on their website, its not bad for the money...i dont know about the customer service though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
they are on ebay for like 30 bux</font>
Those are overlays on ebay, and I have heard of major quality problems with most overlays...just beware and research before spending your dough....

·
Registered
424 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERboy:
you could try importintelligence.com, its an overlay for like 25 bucks or something, as from the pictures i've seen on their website, its not bad for the money...i dont know about the customer service though.</font>
I met the propietor of import intelligence at the Carlise show. He seemed like a pretty cool guy. In fact he owns 240SX w/DET. But the gauge faces them selfs look very good and they come in a lot of different shades.

·
Registered
858 Posts
my needle still stays stuck on the coolant temp. guage. even bought a new guage cause the other one was fried. the needles on the smaller outer guages come off entirely shaft and all but the 2 big ones just the plastic part comes off. tried every thing. but I really need my coolant temp. guage cause I would like to know if I'm gonna overheat before the smoke and hisssss sounds come. any body have the same problem?

·
Registered
466 Posts
On any of the gauges, if the metal needle comes out, the gauge is trash. Do ask me how I know. The best way to remove the plastic needles, is to use a small pair and needle nose plyers and grab the metal shaft. My NR faces came with a tool to pry the needle off. Be very careful when doing this, I tore my tach up and had to buy a new one for $60!!

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
400 Posts
i bought mine for $150/ overnite delivery.... installed them myself, broke the speedometer, had to get one from another SE-R, pain in the ass, trust me, but they work now....

p.s..... paint the needles first...

[This message has been edited by UrbN (edited 05-17-2001).]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts