SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could the people who have C3 cams speak up? tell us what you think your impressions? a person told me fuel economy doesn't seem affected that sounds odd. if the idle does lope madly ..is there a idle screw you could turn I can't remember? I plan to do the stock ECU at 11 degrees like robs car with 169 hp...

------------------
92 SE-R lots of dents
S4 cams, Hotshot4gen header,2 set pulley,hayame exhaust,
[email protected] with melting cracked CAT

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
I have them. My initial reaction is that these cams do not work on B14s. I put the car on the dyno and I lost tons of power from 2k-6700 rpm. I only gained a piddly 11 hp over the S3 and that was up high in the rpm rev range. In my opinion so far they are not worth the money on a 94+ SE-R.

Moreover, you have to dyno tune them yourself. JWT will not dyno tune even if you pay them. JWT will tell you to do this and do that, but I am not a tuning genius to be able to tune cams and trouble shoot why cams do not work. I am just an amature at this.

It was my mistake for not asking if JWT will dyno tune the car if the cams do not produce some good numbers before I bought the cams. I assumed that they would put the car on their dyno and trouble shoot it. But It was my false assumption. So that was my mistake.

Now I am at a loss and I am trying to find a good shop that does good dyno tuning work for Nissan. JUN refuses to dyno tune JWT products.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Naji, that was good of you to go out on a limb and test them out. Hopefully we will be able to find the C-cams do work as well with enough tuning. If not, JUN seems like a good choice.

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Although JUN is more expensive than JWT, they are willing to dyno tune the car for me with their products. I wish JWT was willing to do the same. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Next time any of you buy aggressive cams and you are an amateur like me, make sure that the local shop you buy from is willing to provide dyno tuning for you.

BTW JUN is just 10 minutes away from where I live. If you want any JUN parts looked at, just hit me up.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts