SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know a lot of people say they dont do it for performance just for feel.but i have also heard of people saying they can feel a difference and that it has dynoed 2 hp at wheels?could u feel a difference when u took yours off. oh yeah search nazis dont bother i want fresh info

·
Registered
807 Posts
i felt the difference when i took mine off. i know it wasnt just in my head because i was able to chirp third after. i knew i was close to chirping third before but just couldnt do it(stock clutch).

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I've thought about it, but I really don't think it would be a good idea for a daily driven car. Maybe I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
WHat up!

I didn't feel a damn thing performance wise.
But I love the feel of it.
I feel more in touch with the road.

I only drained the fluid and plugged the lines, though.
The belt is still there pumping air.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'm the same as figgy. Still have the pump on the car, but I put some bolts in the hoses to keep crap from getting in there and making the pump lock up. I'm not sure about noticing a difference since I did a lot of other stuff at the same time(including motor swap) but it feels alot better driving it.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Very interesting, mabye I will end up doing this...
Any road racers and autoX'rs have any input?

-Josh

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have the RTR P/S eliminator kit installed on my NX.

Frees up 2 HP, and you gain a lot more room in your engine compartment.

My car is daily driven and I have gotten used to having no power steering.

Not to mention there's one less item to need servicing.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
The powersteering belt broke on my brother's Celica and I drove it around for about two weeks like that, and you do get used to it, but it's still a huge PITA. Not something I would like to drive on a regular basis. That however did not have the fluid drained out of the rack. I wonder how much of a difference that would make. I know of someone semi-locally who has removed his PS, maybe I will get to drive his car and see for myself.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
How much weight reduction without P/S ?

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
SE-R_Tj said:
I second that...

-Josh

·
Banned
148 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
SE-R_Tj said:
You'll lose approxiamately 10 pounds.

twotirefryerWA said:

uhh...i hate the feeling of a power rack that is not powered. your playing around with the same belt that powers the water pump. just a heads up. lots of experience with this.
To date, I have had no w/p issues as a result of using the RTR P/S eliminator kit.

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
10 pounds is great.i think im gonna get the elimenator if it frees up 2 hp,thats the same as the ur 2 piece

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
10 pounds? mmm great, my car would weight 2160!!! I'll do it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had the fluid drain out of my P/S from a pressure line leak. I hated not having it, and diddnt notice any difference in power. Personally could afford the 2hp vs. no p/s.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts