SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Back down to one SR20
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insurance expires next week and I want to leave my current carrier (MAIF). I've called all the major companies but everything seems very expensive. If you guys know any other companies that are not very expensive and are fairly easy to deal with please let me know. TIA

PS - Already been to Allstate, Progressive, GEICO, Statefarm...

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
I have my house, cars and an umbrella policy, all with Traveler's. Find an independent agent in town you can go sit down with and have them price the various companies they have access to. They can get discounts that you don't. I once called Progressive for a quote and then had an independent agent get me insurance through Progressive for hundreds less.

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
Become a member of SAE and get Liberty Mutual. Through being a member of SAE you can get a HUGE discount with Liberty Mutual insurance. Being a young guy I was really worried about not being able to afford full coverage for my car and when I looked around I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to. But then I found out about the discount SAE members get and wow! I was able to get my full year's insurance with full coverage for the same amount that everyone else wanted me to pay for 6 months with only liability. I am not joking on this!! It was awesome and I now encourage anyone who can to join SAE and get the discount. I'm a member of SAE because I'm on the Formula SAE team here at my school but it's not much to join SAE just because. And with the huge discount that you get it's way too good of an opportunity to pass up. Do this and you won't be dissapointed.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
USAA rocks. My dad was in the Air Force so thats how I got in. I think they might sell to some non service people now though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was also insured with USAA until I started shopping around. I was paying $220 a month every month with USAA for liability only. I now pay an even $100 a month every month for the same exact coverage with Nation Wide. I went to www.lowermybills.com and recieved 4 quotes the next day.

-Mike

·
Back down to one SR20
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cannibal said:
Become a member of SAE and get Liberty Mutual. Through being a member of SAE you can get a HUGE discount with Liberty Mutual insurance. Being a young guy I was really worried about not being able to afford full coverage for my car and when I looked around I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to. But then I found out about the discount SAE members get and wow! I was able to get my full year's insurance with full coverage for the same amount that everyone else wanted me to pay for 6 months with only liability. I am not joking on this!! It was awesome and I now encourage anyone who can to join SAE and get the discount. I'm a member of SAE because I'm on the Formula SAE team here at my school but it's not much to join SAE just because. And with the huge discount that you get it's way too good of an opportunity to pass up. Do this and you won't be dissapointed.
Funny; I am a part of my schools chapter of SAE, Ill definately check it out.

Thanks Guys.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Progressive right now, shopping around for a cheaper one (Progressive has been charging us WAY more than what should have been reasonable, as I just found out recently).

·
Banned
543 Posts
well as a bodyshop manager i can tell u a little bit about insurance companies.we a DRP direct repair shop for NATIONWIDE,STATE FARM,ALLSTATE,KEMPER,TRAVELERS,LIBERTY MUTAL and a few others.the best insurance to me as in who takes care of the customer the most is NATIONWIDE.they use all factory parts and no after market.the worst on my list would be GMAC,ALLSTATE,TRAVELERS,AND HORACE MANN.THE OTHERS ARE DECENT BUT NATIONWIDE is the best to there customers and the easiest to deal with

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
if you enjoy having to be a dick to your rep then go with allstate.....I enjoyed being a dick anyway..........I had to sue them for the coverage of my car accident......once they started to take care of the bills I carried my full home/2 full coverage auto/life and fire to AAA and will be taking full advantage of all the discounts in orlando next week..........

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I've got USAA, they are bending me over. I can't believe they havent dropped me yet though!

-Josh

·
Banned
543 Posts
Oh Yeah Make Sure If U Got Safeco Dump Them Quick.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts